or Connect

Posts by mxgreen

The Ask Andy link was to the shoe tutorial. Is that correct?
Quote: Originally Posted by greekgeek Jeb's slippers http://cgi.ebay.com/FIORE-GORGEOUS-H...item5ad796fdfa Jeb is tall. Those gotta be too small for him.
Quote: Originally Posted by mjc Wow, I certainly like those. Where are they on sale? - Mike The boot in the OP and others are shown at the Billy Reid shoe "sale" page. On sale at $263 from $525.
I must be going blind or developing dementia, or both. I used to see a listing of the most common "tags" at the bottom of B&S but I can't any longer. I can't even see where the tags are shown on a selling thread that I started. I find searching by tags to be very helpful but now am unable to find the listing of tags or the tag search function. Can someone help?
Alden cigar shell chukkas - size 12D - starting bid $470. Same seller: Alden brown pebble grain calf chukkas - 13D starting bid $199. Alden tan Indy boots - 13D - starting bid $255.
Quote: Originally Posted by Collector23 Hi all, Just wanted to share a great customer service experience at Mountain & Sackett with everyone. I recently ordered 2 regimental ties from M&S and noted that they were slightly wider than I expected when they arrived. When I informed M&S, they graciously sent me replacements tie at my preferred width at no additional cost and offered to let me keep the first batch as well. Hence, I would like to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mxgreen I just received an e-mail from The Shoe Mart. They have a pair of the dark brown J. Crew longwings in 12D on the Barrie last - they are irregulars - for $289. [IMG][/IMG] I realize I wasn't clear in my first post. The shoes are too big for me so I am not going to buy them. They are available for anyone who wears a 12D in the Barrie last; The Shoe Mart model number is FD-97572. I am unsure whether they...
I just received an e-mail from The Shoe Mart. They have a pair of the dark brown J. Crew longwings in 12D on the Barrie last - they are irregulars - for $289. [IMG][/IMG]
Not looking to stir up a hornet's nest here but I e-mailed Mr. Huqstable this morning and just received his answer. I asked him to clarify whether my 12D RL Darltons were a UK11 or UK11.5. Here is the relevant part of his reply: We do indeed make the Darlton bluchers, for Ralph Lauren in dark congnac shell cordovan. A US size 12 D is a UK size 11.5E in the last 325. Should you opt for a shoe from our Handgrade range a full size down (11E) is recommended. He also...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne According to Mr. Huqstable at C&J, they convert 1 full size for US retailers and brands. Your US9D should fit the same as C&J's UK8E. So, even though the boxes on the Ralph Lauren shoes made by Crockett & Jones show a UK size that is 1/2 lower than the the US size, the actual UK size is one full size lower? That doesn't make sense to me.