or Connect

Posts by mxgreen

Quote: Originally Posted by meister So a 10.5 could be a bit generous and more to a size 11? I have a very comfortable Alden Plaza 11 BTW. I find that the Plaza last runs true to size. But, if you are interested in the shoes you can call Ron first (888-254-0950) re: the fit.
Quote: Originally Posted by deveandepot1 Good deal. IIRC they were originally more than $399. I think they were. They were also for sale for $99 a few weeks ago.
Money by Amis is a great, laugh-out-loud book.
Was able to pick up a few pairs of Aldens, all NIB with bags. They are: Plain toe blucher in burnished dark tan calf on Plaza last (2816) in 11.5D Plain toe blucher in black calf on Plaza last (2817) in 11.5D Plain toe blucher in black calf on Leydon last (968) in 11.5D I tried to make the shoes work but they don't; they are all a little too small. Willing to consider trade for 12Ds.
PSA for a Styleforum poster and a good guy. I just picked up a pair of Cortina (Italian made) longwings Ron had listed at ebay. They are on a sleeker, better looking last than my BBBF shell longwings and the shoes are finished very nicely. And, they are very comfortable. To me, the fit is similar to the Alden Plaza last. There are many pairs still listed for sale. Ron Rider shoes at ebay.
Brooks Brothers (Alden) black captoe bluchers 11C - $189 BIN - $10 shipping.
Quote: Originally Posted by knowsnothin Where and what is this "shoe bank?" Allen Edmonds Shoe Bank at the Factory 201 East Seven Hills Road Port Washington, Wisconsin 53074 USA 262-284-7158
I just picked up a pair of AE Bradleys in burgandy shell from the shoe bank for $279. I'm unsure what sizes in the shoe are still available. The shoe was discontinued a couple of years ago but, per the AE rep, is being reintroduced this spring.
Quote: Originally Posted by factorial All thoughts are appreciated even if they don't match up to all of my requirements above, maybe I'll fall in love. Thanks in advance! Not cheaper but you will fall in love. Rider Boot Company Plaintoe Boot #1
Unfortunately, no shell. Also, front page at website says TODAY ONLY (12/09).