or Connect

Posts by mxgreen

Quote: Originally Posted by Tangfastic I've just signed up to do a 26 mile walk and I'm thinking of using my Conistons with an extra pair of thick socks. Its either that, a pair of steel toe cap work boots or go out and buy some 'proper' walking boots which I probaby won't have time to break in. The longet I've walked in them before was 6 or 7 miles and they were perfectly comfortable, not sure if any boots will avoid blisters on a really long walk...
Quote: Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs I agree. I could have sold five of them already. Make that six.
Quote: Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs I'd say year round but it is too heavy for the hotter days of summer. I guess it's a no-go for South Florida then.
I just edited this post because I see that you provided much of the information I was looking for in the initial post. What is the weight of the material?
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan This travesty has been all over the local news here. Not surprising. It's happening in other cities as well. Levitt and Dubner covered wrote about this in Freakonomics.
Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilia They love their jobs more than the kids! You got that right!
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger This is freaking great! Has to be one of us! http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/wo...20shoes&st=cse I doubt he is - too much black.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbjorn Those appear less formal than a oxford captoe, but more formal than a derby. Given that they're black and have a 270 degree welt, I think they're squarely in the category of "conservative business dress." I would wear it with a more casual suit or an odd jacket. Nice shoes, btw. Those are nice shoes in the OP, but I think that they are less formal than a derby/blucher. I would wear them with and without...
Man, I sincerely feel bad for you if you have to sell for the cash. Those are sweet shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by mdao63 mx, I bought your Alden captoe 12D in the plaza last, and they work fine for me. So my 12D foot is maybe a bit on the long side? The Giffords were a bit snug, and though I thought they might break in nicely, but I didn't want to chance it (since I already had a neat pair of shell boots!) Okay, Pat, they won't work for me then. Hey, glad the Aldens are working out for you.