or Connect

Posts by mxgreen

Quote: Originally Posted by medtech_expat I managed to score the MacKays in dark oak, together with another MacKay pair in black and the Narvells. Since this is the first time I buy EGs stateside I went with two different sizes as I'm unsure of how the fit will translate. Will likely put one of the MacKays up in B&S (am hoping I can keep the dark oaks!) - happy to pass them at my cost plus shipping. Will advise once I get them early next...
Well, no one PM'ed with interest and before I could contact my SA he contacted me. Although I remain ambivalent I decided to get the shoes and see what they look like IRL. If I decide not to keep them I will post and make known their availability. One thing I do know is that they are not coming with trees.
The longwings are listed with a "Buy It Now" of $275, but I am sure that Ron will accept any reasonable offer.
Why don't you take a look at Ron Rider's longwings on ebay. I just got a pair. The materials and construction are excellent. To my eye they stack up favorably with my Alden/BBBF shell longwings.
Posted this at B&S this morning: My RL sales associate found a pair of Peerings in 12D (I assume that they are 11.5/12D, not 12/12.5D) and has them on hold for me. I think I am going to pass on them. Send me a PM if you want the SA's name and phone number. The cost is $375. If I don't hear from anyone I will call him to let them go sometime in the early afternoon. My SA is in South Florida but the shoes are out of state.
I just posted this at B&S and thought I should post here too. For Modified Last fans: I receive e-mails from The Shoe Mart each month with their inventory of Alden seconds in 12D and 11.5D. Today's e-mail showed that The Shoe Mart has three pairs of 12D seconds on the Modified Last. They are: Brown scotch grain boot ($289): Black calf NST ($289): Black perforated cap toe blucher ($389). I believe the shoe is in shell:
For Modified Last fans: I receive e-mails from The Shoe Mart each month with their inventory of Alden seconds in 12D and 11.5D. Today's e-mail showed that The Shoe Mart has three pairs of 12Ds on the Modified Last. They are: Brown scotch grain boot ($289): Black calf NST ($289): Black perforated cap toe blucher ($389). I believe the shoe is in shell:
Quote: Originally Posted by chas Color? Location? The Peerings are black. My sales associate is in South Florida but the shoes are out of state.
My sales associate found a pair of Peerings in 12D (I assume that they are 11.5/12D, not 12/12.5D) and has them on hold for me. I think I am going to pass on them. Send me a PM if you want the SA's name and phone number. The cost is $375. If I don't hear from anyone I will call him to let them go sometime in the early afternoon.
Quote: Originally Posted by meister So a 10.5 could be a bit generous and more to a size 11? I have a very comfortable Alden Plaza 11 BTW. I find that the Plaza last runs true to size. But, if you are interested in the shoes you can call Ron first (888-254-0950) re: the fit.