or Connect

Posts by mxgreen

Quote: Originally Posted by Collector23 Hi all, Just wanted to share a great customer service experience at Mountain & Sackett with everyone. I recently ordered 2 regimental ties from M&S and noted that they were slightly wider than I expected when they arrived. When I informed M&S, they graciously sent me replacements tie at my preferred width at no additional cost and offered to let me keep the first batch as well. Hence, I would like to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mxgreen I just received an e-mail from The Shoe Mart. They have a pair of the dark brown J. Crew longwings in 12D on the Barrie last - they are irregulars - for $289. [IMG][/IMG] I realize I wasn't clear in my first post. The shoes are too big for me so I am not going to buy them. They are available for anyone who wears a 12D in the Barrie last; The Shoe Mart model number is FD-97572. I am unsure whether they...
I just received an e-mail from The Shoe Mart. They have a pair of the dark brown J. Crew longwings in 12D on the Barrie last - they are irregulars - for $289. [IMG][/IMG]
Not looking to stir up a hornet's nest here but I e-mailed Mr. Huqstable this morning and just received his answer. I asked him to clarify whether my 12D RL Darltons were a UK11 or UK11.5. Here is the relevant part of his reply: We do indeed make the Darlton bluchers, for Ralph Lauren in dark congnac shell cordovan. A US size 12 D is a UK size 11.5E in the last 325. Should you opt for a shoe from our Handgrade range a full size down (11E) is recommended. He also...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne According to Mr. Huqstable at C&J, they convert 1 full size for US retailers and brands. Your US9D should fit the same as C&J's UK8E. So, even though the boxes on the Ralph Lauren shoes made by Crockett & Jones show a UK size that is 1/2 lower than the the US size, the actual UK size is one full size lower? That doesn't make sense to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne Looks like the 337 to me, not chiseled enough to be the 348... Is it this pair? If so, that UK8E should fit like your PRL Tellman in US9D. Wow, good eye.
Alden #8 shell LHS size 12D - BIN $299.
Quote: Originally Posted by gregaz Did you set a snipe? I made the opening bid a day or two ago but I also sniped a higher bid.
Quote: Originally Posted by gregaz Sold for $353.01!!!!!!! Brand new!!!! Insane!!! I finished second on that auction. I didn't need it but was willing to go in at a little over $400. Maybe some people ignored it because RJ first stated that it was UK only.
I am generally a 12D, but I have a high instep. The heel and toe box of the 11.5D was fine, but the volume of midfoot of the shoe was not sufficient to accommodate my high instep; the shoe was very, very tight. The 12D fits great. So, for me, the fit is TTS.