or Connect

Posts by mxgreen

Quote: Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs I'd say year round but it is too heavy for the hotter days of summer. I guess it's a no-go for South Florida then.
I just edited this post because I see that you provided much of the information I was looking for in the initial post. What is the weight of the material?
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger This is freaking great! Has to be one of us! http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/wo...20shoes&st=cse I doubt he is - too much black.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbjorn Those appear less formal than a oxford captoe, but more formal than a derby. Given that they're black and have a 270 degree welt, I think they're squarely in the category of "conservative business dress." I would wear it with a more casual suit or an odd jacket. Nice shoes, btw. Those are nice shoes in the OP, but I think that they are less formal than a derby/blucher. I would wear them with and without...
Man, I sincerely feel bad for you if you have to sell for the cash. Those are sweet shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by mdao63 mx, I bought your Alden captoe 12D in the plaza last, and they work fine for me. So my 12D foot is maybe a bit on the long side? The Giffords were a bit snug, and though I thought they might break in nicely, but I didn't want to chance it (since I already had a neat pair of shell boots!) Okay, Pat, they won't work for me then. Hey, glad the Aldens are working out for you.
Alexander McQueen loafers. The opening bid is $1999.99. The seller is taking offers but, as the seller cautions, please be realistic. After all, he paid $5000 for the shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by mdao63 C&J for RL Gifford Shell Cordovan chukkas in dark brown. General consensus is that they fit 1/2 size large (12D). . . . I like them a lot, but they were a bit tight for me. What size are you that they were a bit tight?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tropicalwool Has anyone found anywhere that carries Alden shoes in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale/ South East Florida area? For that matter anywhere in Florida? I emailed Alden to ask if they knew of any stores which carry and they did not know of any besides suggesting the Brooks Brothers store at Bal Harbor. Cavanaugh's shoe store in downtown South Miami was the only store that carried Alden shoes in South Florida...
NOS Florsheim tan calf longwings 11C . BIN is $165.