or Connect

Posts by mxgreen

Shoes for sale. All prices CONUS. International buyers contact me for additional shipping charge, although I reserve the right to refuse any international order. All items shipped without trees. 6. Alden plain toe bluchers (Plaza last - model 2817). In black calf. Size 11.5D. New in box with bags. Approximately measurements of sole of shoe - 12.75" x 4.5". Retail price $420, my price $245 --> $232 --> $220. 10. J Crew saddle shoes. White suede w/camel calf...
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Nice robe worn by Eva Mendes: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT Hmmm, I wonder if it has been laundered?
I am considering buying a couple of pair of shoes from a UK seller. The seller says he is not set-up to take off the VAT for US buyers. Does anyone know if I can get the VAT back from the UK? If so, how do I do it? Also, do I have to pay US customs when I receive the shoes? If so, how is it calculated and who do I pay? (I searched but couldn't find a thread dealing with these issues - search function doesn't work for "VAT" because it's only three letters.)
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Last time I received EGs from the store (via Royal Mail), I had to go down to the mail room because the USPS employee would not release the package without me giving him a check for customs... The green boxes were worth it for sure but it was awkward. Were you expecting to pay customs when you ordered the shoes? How much was it and how is it calculated? How does one avoid it?
Mr. Monty, can you tell me how the 12s fit compared to say EG 89 or Alden Barrie, Plaza or Grant?
Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta read there were some doubts about the story's accuracy. will have to find the links. edit: legitimate concerns as in sources said "the story printed is not at all the one I told the author". The Truth about That Dishonest Vanity Fair Story from One Who Was There
Quote: Originally Posted by arc Today it's 40% of "leather accessories", which happens to include all their shoes (cordovan excluded), belts, and shoe care supplies. Cordovan belts are included.
New Alden whiskey shell medallion tip blucher in 11.5D with BIN price of $395. They look like whiskey to me, but I guess they might be ravello. New Alden #8 shell medallion tip blucher in 11.5D with BIN price of $349
They are a good deal, but I am not confident that they are a 12D. The length of the sole seems a little short to be a 12.
Quote: Originally Posted by jreigen Where are these made? I, too, would like to know where these are made.