or Connect

Posts by mxgreen

Same last?
I have a theory regarding the UK and US sizing of C&J shoes. In the UK, for C&J, "E" is the standard width/fitting. In the US, "D" is the standard width. At first I assumed (and, I think, many people have assumed) that C&J when making shoes under various US labels (RL, BB, Barneys, etc.) would simply remark UK standard width shoes with its corresponding US standard width size; that is, it would remark go up 1 full size and go down 1 width. For example, I assumed that...
What last are they on?
Hey zippy, is the quality of leather the same on the BBBF brown cap toe boots and the blue Conistons?
Very nice and a great deal.
SF member Eddievedder sold a lot of those boots here.
The wingtips are on the 240 last. I am unsure about the PTBs.
I previously owned the RL Marlow shell wingtips and a couple of weeks ago I tried on the BB Peal shell wingtips. To me, the shell material and coloring of the two shoes is identical (save for slight variations/gradations based on the Horween batch). I very much prefer the flat welt on the Peal than the Marlow storm welt. I was not completely sold on the Peal on the 240 last (the Marlow is on the 325 last) so I did not buy them. I have a high instep. I generally have...
Who is the maker?