or Connect

Posts by rick

Quote: Originally Posted by Astronaut888 Yes They send me the list every month and they are always on there. It makes me crazy b/c I really like the look of the photo they send, but feel they may look too dressy for my tastes when I get them in my hand. They remind me a bit of the Cordovan Jumper boots I have seen. If I don't kop, it'll make me mental when they fail to show up one month in the monthly offering from shoebuy. Looking for more info on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricardo Malocchio I don't have one whit of experience with any Levi's STF denim, and so cannot identify what I received from Levi's online. But I can definitely say that these 505 "raw" jeans are not 1 to 1-1/2 inches larger than the tagged size. The 30" waist fits exactly as my other Levi's 30 waists, and the 32" length is exactly as long as a pair of 30/32 corduroy 505s that I purchased recently. The denim is different...
Quote: Originally Posted by CTYGGG Suede on the Plaza with the Commando...snuff said. they are nice, but i just get the appeal of a boot on the plaza last, maybe a dress boot, maybe.
the american made levis 501 selvedge that were on the website but are now gone are stf. i ordered a pair from a retail store. they are made in america the denim is good quality but as i said they are stf. they are stiff but not as stiff as other stf i have owned. just got this morning and i was heading to work so did not get a chance to try them on. they measured about 1 to 1/2 inches bigger then the tagged size.
i emailed tom he said him and his family are fine. great news.
might have to buy
Quote: Originally Posted by mediahound What are peoples opinions of longwings versus shortwing wintips? I know Alden long wings seem to be more sought after but why is that? they look cool lol
today is picture day. here is my entry. cigar lwb
Quote: Originally Posted by Thor ...I must say I am somewhat humbled and/or astounded by some of your collections...pretty impressive. Mine...not so much...to date: Black PTB (20yrs old) #8 Indy #8 WT Boot Ravello WT Boot CXL WT Boot- plaza last on order: Black PT Cordo boot- barrie last (arriving tommorow) Cigar Perf-Captoe boot- barrie last (arriving late 2011 or even 2012) I would like to think when the cigar boot comes that will...
aldens i own cigar lwb ravello lwb #8 lwb black cordo captoe light brown pebble american longwing suede lwb suede captoe nst dark brown dark brown captoe semi brouge captoe reddish brown boots #8 captoe #8 nst tanker dark brown wingtip ultimate indy black wing tip ultimate jumpers on the way i think thats it.