or Connect

Posts by rick

Quote: Originally Posted by velomane You could give Citishoes a call, they have these listed on their site. anyone know what last those boots are on
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin What are prices like on the LVCs there? $250
took a trip down to the lvc store in nyc in the meatpacking district, picked up the 1966, great jean sized down to a 36 my waist is a 38. worth the trip, i spoke to robert who is an expert on lvc, we spoke for about an hour on all the models. i highly recomend. will post pics soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by DeclanM Hi all Have been reading here for a while but it's my first time posting, so please be gentle if this question has been asked before. I'm looking to buy my first pair on boots, and have my eye on a pair of Alden Indy's. Problem is that I live in Australia and I don't know of any places where I live that sells them, so I must go online. I tried to buy them off Shoe Mart recently, but for some reason they don't ship...
Quote: Originally Posted by Simontuntelder Trapp: If you haven't returned them, then don't. They look great on you pre-soak. They'll be perfect, once you soak them. Rick: Fill the tub, bring a couple of beers and sit in the tub for an hour or two in warm water. Let them dry while wearing them and remember to do some good squats that will settle in the creases. thanks i will give that a try.
i bought a pair of lvc 1955, my waist is a 38, i bought a 36 and after strecting they fit good at my waist. my question is the lenght, i want to soak them to shrink the lenght, but i am afraid that i will shrink the waist to much, any help would be great.
Quote: Originally Posted by wj4 Yes, you're correct. From the Shoemart 2nds I've seen, #8 and black are the only shells available. These 2 would be the easiest to find of all shells. i have seen ravello, and cigar from time to time, but they sell very very quickly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Astronaut888 Forgive the plebe/small question here.... I am considering a couple pair on the Shoemart irregular emailing and wasn't 100% about something. When it refers to the color as "shell"....I imagine it means cordovan leather? I am unsure as to some of the pricing differences and imagine it would be a result of lasts, popularity, leather quality/expense? But, "shell" undoubtably refers to cordovan, correct? I also...
Quote: Originally Posted by Astronaut888 Yes They send me the list every month and they are always on there. It makes me crazy b/c I really like the look of the photo they send, but feel they may look too dressy for my tastes when I get them in my hand. They remind me a bit of the Cordovan Jumper boots I have seen. If I don't kop, it'll make me mental when they fail to show up one month in the monthly offering from shoebuy. Looking for more info on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricardo Malocchio I don't have one whit of experience with any Levi's STF denim, and so cannot identify what I received from Levi's online. But I can definitely say that these 505 "raw" jeans are not 1 to 1-1/2 inches larger than the tagged size. The 30" waist fits exactly as my other Levi's 30 waists, and the 32" length is exactly as long as a pair of 30/32 corduroy 505s that I purchased recently. The denim is different...