or Connect

Posts by rick

v-tips bought from the LSH sale sorry about the pic.
Quote: Originally Posted by PorterInjax On the special makeups that are being discussed; is there a way we can get better organized on this? I am interested in a ravello boot, a whiskey boot etc. etc. but if we are calling/emailing different places with different requests not sure it can work. What about us getting or shit together and asking Tom to help us out before going to someone else? \\ tom in the past has said if we get enough...
Quote: Originally Posted by HorseHide I have the Leffot version - they are on the Grant last. I still come back to the Tassel's version on the Barrie (Steven at Leffot ordered them on the Barrie and the factory shipped them on the Grant, sort of like the Roy boot starting out on the Barrie and moving to the Trubalance - I guess the customer isn't always right, eh?). And no one else shares my fascination with a Scotch Grain shell? The LWB pair that...
Quote: Originally Posted by kgmessier Yup, with almost nothing in my size. i guess i was lucky i snagged a 10.5d barrie v-tip
Quote: Originally Posted by kgmessier +1 I'd get on that train as well. +2
tom over at LSH has a nice sale going.
Quote: Originally Posted by Shorty Long If they still have the tags, I'd just go ahead and exchange them for a larger waist size. I'm assuming you're going to be wearing these jeans for a long time and it will be almost impossible to avoid any shrinkage up top for the life of the jeans. Another important thing to take into account...although the upper part of the jeans will shrink with washing, that area (especially around the waist band) will stretch...
Quote: Originally Posted by airportlobby It will create a weird dual texture - the jeans will look different across the line - starched and shiny above, one wash below. Some people put a stick with the correct waist length in the waistband to hold it at that level during a soak. Seems like a better idea. yeah thats what i was afraid of, i think i just will wear until they are really worn in, then take my chances. thanks for all the help...
this might be a stupid questions. can i hot soak the botom portion of my jeans. i want to shrink the length, but do not want to shrink anything above the knee. bad idea?
Quote: Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger Thanks for the responses fellas. nyr i think from your post you live in ny, i would go to the lvc store and try on all of the lvc. i bought a pair of the 1966 and sized down, which unless i tried on would have bought the wrong size. plus robert at lvc is very cool to talk to.