or Connect

Posts by juniper

Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Ok, we are putting together a 65th birthday party for my mother, and plan to serve wines and spirits from important years in her life. I don't know anything, so please help. Some of the years are quite long ago, so they might not make good candidates. You can skip those. You can also skip wines that resemble suggestions for $100k shotguns. 1945, 1963, 1966, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1974, 1985, 1995. Thanks. I don't...
Starter & Dessert easy. Main couse: Posh stew? Posh chicken legs? Pork belly? Liver? Steak & Kidney pudding? Edit: Dumplings!
What do people think of the couple who are two people when consuming drinks bought under the round system, but one person when it comes to buying rounds? Does the fact that this pisses me off make me cheap? It pisses me off less now that I have some money than it did when I was broke, but it still pisses me off.
Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy Don't be so sure about flash. There has been no annoucement. Palm annouced that its devices will be supporting Flash in the first half of 2010, but Apple has not made any annoucements re: iPhone supporting Flash. The lack of flash on the iphone and this new device is a choice on the part of Apple. The Flash standard is documented, and they would have no problem building a 3rd-party flash for this...
Nice to see Connemara's taste evolving from earlier in the thread
Am looking for one. Google isn't helping. Usual brands like Swaine Adeney don't have one. Options? Leather fob with silver-coloured ring preferred.
Quote: Originally Posted by Will Cleverley has them for customers. I don't know whether they will sell you a pair. Or, buy a pair of bespoke shoes and they will provide them gratis. Cleverley RTW as sold by Ede & Ravenscroft come with silk laces, so presumably Crockett & Jones who, I believe, make for Cleverley, have them.
That bit on Conan a couple of nights ago was pretty funny.
Quote: Originally Posted by expo09 Don't agree with this - I think it's perfectly fine for people who don't want shoes worn in their home to request that from guests. The point, as someone else mentioned in this thread, is that it isn't a 'request'. No matter how nicely you say it, it's a demand.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pezzaturra Fascinating. Related question; how often do you change your bed sheets and do you own a large dog? Once a week and no.