or Connect

Posts by juniper

Top tip: Old-fashioned white Rioja is almost-criminally undervalued. Try the Marques Murrieta Ygay white at about 10 years old, for example. The new style white Rioja for early drinking is also pleasant.
Full text of coalition agreement: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8677933.stm In particular: Quote: 10. Civil liberties The parties agree to implement a full programme of measures to reverse the substantial erosion of civil liberties under the Labour Government and roll back state intrusion. This will include: A Freedom or Great Repeal Bill. The scrapping of ID card scheme, the National Identity register, the next generation of...
Her Majesty's Twelfth. What do we think of the armholes? :-)
Cameron arrives Downing St. Full coalition. No details.
Quote: Originally Posted by Infrasonic You missed the point. Nick Clegg was unwilling to negotiate with Labour whilst GB was the leader, hence GB's announcement. No, I understand that, I just don't see how it could even work with him standing down for the reasons I gave above.
Typical faux-sincere moralising crap in the speech - everyone who works with him says he's a scheming c***.
...and he's gone. Bye bye Brown.
Stepping down a bold move, but counterproductive - how could the Lib Dems negotiate properly with Labour when they don't know who the leader will be? Where would be the trust? As of now, Con-Lib pact looking very likely, according to BBC.
Quote: Originally Posted by SimonC Sorry, but whilst we're at it; Henry Poole, at the old shop Notice the 'misspelling' of Savile in Frame 1 :-)
A council estate opposite a row of 5 mil houses is still fairly common. And there's free bus travel for kids, so these 15/16 year olds are often a long way from their homes.