or Connect

Posts by juniper

Scored, before lunch: 1. Glass of Cava from TM Lewin. Tasty-ish. 2. Saucer of Champagne from Church's - tasty. Are saucers the corrected grain of Champagne glasses? 3. Glass of Champagne from another shirtmaker, but I wasn't concentrating. 4. Smoked salmon from the Ritz stall - tasty. Seriously, though, it was mostly a fun event. "Being British" was a bit of a dumb theme, and there was some twattish faux-snobbery from a minority of stallholders - not exactly in the...
Here's a couple more - sorry for the quality.
Cheaney Chukkas. First resole. Can't decide whether to keep using suede cleaner on these to keep them pristine, or let them really go... (JR heel units are awesome, by the way. I no longer need to change heels in between resolings - and I'm very hard on heels).
Quote: Originally Posted by pred02 Hi, I am in a market for a pair of English made, comfortable, brown pair of work shoes. I was originally looking at Oxfords style but I am open to other suggestions. The budget is £150, English made, Goodyear welded. I originally tried Loake 1880 Aldywitch but found them a bit still. You found them stiff trying them on, or you bought them? You should expect it to take a few wearings, and some...
Ede & Ravenscroft's are about that price and very nice. I don't have a clue where they source them, but they're nicer than dent's.
A lot of them have visitor centres. Scotland's a big place with slow roads and slow trains, so I'd wait until to get to a city and look for leaflets in the Tourist Information place...
Quote: Originally Posted by kraftar Here's a good thread that recently addressed alot of these issues: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=191044 As for EG, the 202 last is the widest. I have the Cardiff's, size 9F, in the 202 last (here's a picture of the Cardiff's but mine are in calf... http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/200...ew-new-mtos-2/) and I'm a 9G at C&J (the Draycott in a 9G fit me really well). C&J Canterbury, the...
Ede & Ravenscroft used to be 95 GBP per shirt.
Sell the iMac, hook the laptop up to a decent screen, keyboard and mouse, and you're good to go. Maintaining multiple computers is a hassle.
I resole them just as a hole starts to appear in the middle of the sole. By this point, about half of the stitches will be entirely worn through and broken (patch on left, patch on right, toe). Seems to work fine. Resoling after 25 wearings is nuts.