or Connect

Posts by juniper

I prefer rolled up shirt sleeves to be somewhat messy, but I see some people (mostly in magazines, but sometimes in real life) with very neatly folded over / rolled shirt sleeves. How is this achieved?
My favourite shoes are my Loake 1880 Kemptons (Chukka boot). I also have the Norwich 1880 in black calf, which I like. The normal line isn't durable enough, I find. The new "Mayfair last" 1880 line (like the pictures posted by the OP) look a step up from what was previously available in style.
Too much going on up top. How about a plainer tie? And I think the pocket square in blue is too matchy-matchy. Lovely jacket, though!
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I won't dare divulge the sorts of sites he visits for "research purposes." *fap fap fap fap* It's spelt *fwap*
I bought these on ebay, but the toe shape is a little elongated for my tastes, and they're too narrow for me. Original Auction Would be happy to recoup the sale price. So, 40 pounds plus postage. Edit: I should point out they're calf, which isn't mentioned in the old ebay posting. They're also a shade darker in person (i.e actually tan, rather than the yellow shown in the ebay photo).
Quote: Originally Posted by Faded501s Since you guys are so smart, where in my post did I even infer that I wasn't on my T1? Sheesh. You mean "imply". Sheesh.
Drank a few beers whilst writing some comedy with friends. Pub for a few more beers. Fine so far. Then on to the bar of a hotel where a visiting friend is staying. When we went in, they had about 10 different malts. We drank them down to two. Retirement to another friends house. Few bottles of wine bought out. Pool. Telling of highly off-colour jokes. Walked home at 5am in the light. Woke up at 11am, feeling like a mouldy cup.
Quote: Originally Posted by jett So what's everyone opinion of the ascot? I actually rather like them, and today I finally saw my very first one that wasn't part of a period film on an older gentleman. Very dapper I think, but also very unusual. What are your usual thoughts when you see someone rocking the ascot? For people my age (24), I prefer it loosely tied and barely showing. I admire anyone my age with the kumquats to wear an ascot but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by naapa Hello everyone I am finally done with the swedish equivalent to high school this spring and I do not feel like studying more, for awhile at least. But I am rather lost on what to do really. Most of you guys seem to have a good thing or two to say about most subjects so I am looking for guidance. You don't have to know what you want to do with your life to pick what to study, unless it's vocational (law,...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 Tongue in cheek only, Manton. Tongue in cheek. Oh, cheek as in the side of one's face? Now I see.