or Connect

Posts by juniper

Quote: Originally Posted by josepidal The dilemma, of course, is what to bring. A dilemma is a choice, or a situation demanding a choice, between equally undesirable alternatives. What you have is a problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by dusty Just spilled coffee all over my shirt EDIT: And on my Numerical Recipes in C book Might be the best thing: http://www.uwyo.edu/buerkle/misc/wnotnr.html
Quote: Originally Posted by rogergaler1971 I have some Loake shoes that I want to have resoled. Do you guys think I should send them back to the factory in the UK or can I just go in to any shop and have them done? I know that many shoe repair places prefer to glue on the sole but the orginal sole on these shoes is stitched on. Most places can stitch a new sole on, but find a reputable place by personal recommendation, if...
Quote: Originally Posted by discostu004 ok, some of you guys have seen this, as i sent it out getting opinions, and the opinions were all positive, even down to pointing out the proper amt of sleeve, PS etc. i'd been wanting to do this for awhile now, here it is... any dissenting opinions (hope not!) Love the graphic. It read as cloth-shorse the first time I looked at it, but that could just be me. Not too keen on the early-90s font
Chester Barrie Orphaned Rope-Striped navy suit jacket. On Sale at 31.50UKP (down from 250UKP). Now, striped odd jackets aren't to versatile, but for occasional wear with jeans and shirt, pretty good value.
A pair of Grained brown solid full brogues. Look 20 or 30 years old. Very knackered, but after a lot of work, they look beautiful. I'm thinking of having them resoled in vibram or commando to use as a pair of Country Shoes. Two pounds A pair of recent brown calf chelsea boots from Jones. Cemented Sole, but they look pretty good. Four pounds. (Is it usual for the elastic on a chelsea not to close fully on the leg? These fit on the foot, but are gappy around the leg...)
Quote: Originally Posted by sygyzy Hi, Thinking about getting some Chukkas from CT. How do they run, sizewise? Thanks. I have the 1880 Chukka from Loake (which is the CT chukka, I think). It's a nice shoe. I bought it in 10G. I normally wear 9.5G in Loake, but bought it before I knew that. It fits well, though. With chukkas, buying half a size too big isn't a disaster, since the extra ankle support seems to help alleviate the problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by conal Sanders makes a uniform shoe called the Moffat that Pediwear and others sell in only G and H widths. What is the quality of Sanders shoes and are they made in only wide widths (above F width)? Thanks. It's in polished (corrected grain) leather, so I wouldn't bother. Try the Sanders Cheam in the Ambassador and Clubman range. This is calf. They run quite large (same as loake for sizing). I'm wearing a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carruthers I think that key is just to make the first fold only 1/3 to 1/2 the length of your cuff and go from there. Aha! This seems to work.
Quote: Originally Posted by California Dreamer A guy arrives home from work to be greeted at the door by his wife. She's wearing red lipstick, sexy black underwear and is holding a rope. "Tie me up honey" she purrs "and you can do anything you want". So he tied her up and went fishing. A very similar one: A man comes home and says "Honey, I've won the lottery. Pack your bags!". She says "What should I pack?". He says "I don't care. Just...