or Connect

Posts by gilwood

So I have 1 more year left to go in a contract. I'm making some good $$ & not spending any. If I play my cards right I should have a pile of cash by next year. Where would you guys go if you had about $50k in cash? I'd like someplace warm, cheap and maybe play a little golf. I also need some "excuse" to put on my resume for when the cash ran out. I'm thinking - rent an apt in Thailand for a year, live it up there, whilest remotely working on a PhD. Thereby I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I would have replied "My existence." lol - that might do the trick! Witty, but no offensive. Good luck!
six sigma it.
I have to give a high five to my irish friend who's now married to an african american girl. Looking forward to seeing their kids, they are going to be beautiful!
I have a six sigma black belt and I'm taking my PMP cert test this feb. I'd say go for the CAPM cert first since it builds a framework for running a project. Six Sigma optimizes & roots out problems with that project after it's built using the DMAIC structure. It just makes sense in that order. Incidentally, I learned the whole PM framework first, I just was never certified.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I had an interview today and asked the interviewer how long it would be until a decision is made. She said it "takes time," that I'm the first person they've interviewed, could be a week or several weeks. I can't take the waiting, it is seriously toxic. Did they ask you what your worst quality was?
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I at least hope you got that amount prorated. If I leave after 1 year, I only have to pay back 50%. But that's still $20k.
I recently got relocated by my company and the deal was that I'm on the hook for the relocation fees if I leave before 2 years. So I signed the contract & got relocated. I asked for estimates on the relocation amounts, but they said they wouldn't provide that. So months later I find out: 2 months of furnished apartment = $15k! Relocation Costs = $16k! Bonus = $9k The bonus I have no problem with the bonus, but 2 months of rent is $15k?? Also, I moved a bed, a...
My requirements of a good parka: - Not too bulky so I don't look like an actual goose walking around. - having an adjustable hood so it wouldn't cover my eyes. - I'm not a fan of the quilted "bubble" look on my jackets. - Has to be water proof / windproof (what good is an outdoor jacket without that?) Solution: Eddie Bauer Superior Down Parka $162 Got it on a 40% off black friday sale and it's been great so far. Regular price is only $250. Stood and waited...
I also just tried to list something on ebay and it said that I can no longer list anything until my paypal account is verified. Time for new email / credit card.