or Connect

Posts by Mexicorn

Ryan over at Wm & Fox was extremely helpful and set me up with a pair (minimum order) of shirts through Individualized Shirts. I should note that his shop also does MTM shirts through a service out of Carmel, but they were out of my price range. Due to the time of the order, and a fabric being out of stock, it took a good deal longer than expected to get the shirts made (about 9-10 weeks). However, Ryan kept me in the loop on the status of the order and offered a one-time...
Field's got back to me and said tuxedo shirts are $400 (I didn't even mention what details) and there's a 4 shirt minimum on custom shirts, so that's out. So after some more digging, I found out that Wm. fox & co also does its MTM shirts through Individualized Shirts. I think that cuts out oxxford now, as DC is much more convenient for me. I'll try to update this in the coming weeks with my experience at Wm. Fox.
Would the oxxford option be worth the price/effort then? My real issue is getting to/from NY again for possible subsequent fittings if necessary. Same goes for CEGO. From what I've read about Carl, my specific situation might be deemed not worth his time.
Hello gents, I'm looking to get a well fitted tuxedo shirt with marcella front/collar/cuffs wedding. I'm 6'2", 155lbs so OTR, even tailored, usually has issues (namely too large a neck, sleeves too short). Upon visiting NYC a few months back I stopped by Oxxford, and while their selection is normally well above my price range, one of the sales reps (Tashae) commented that they could make me a MTM shirt for $195. It seemed ambiguous as if this would be an actual "oxxford"...
I guess I should have prefaced things with my budget and location. I was in the DC SuitSupply, though I will be in NYC next weekend so can look for options there. My original budget was $500 but it looked like it would be a couple hundred dollars worth of tailoring if I picked up one of the OTR SS offerings. I couldn't get a specific MTM price point without scheduling a consultation, but the salesperson said they started at $800. If a MTM SS tux is more like $1000 then...
Sorry to resurrect, but what did you end up going with? And what did the final cost turn out to be? I'm currently debating whether to go OTR or MTM with SS's current tuxedo offerings. Their 38L OTR fits perfectly in the sleeves, though the shoulders are very wide. Conversely, a 36R fits perfectly in the shoulders, however is nearly an inch too short in the sleeves. Since SS suits all have functional buttonholes, lengthening the sleeves would leave the button comically...
I'm looking for a pair of black calf wholecuts to pair with a tux for my upcoming wedding, and am trying to keep the budget under $400. Right now I'm looking at two options: Charles Tyrwhitt: These look nice enough on the web, but my local CT store (in DC) doesn't carry their shoe line. Can anyone vouch for the quality of this model? Allen Edmonds: This is a new release that just came out for the fall. It looks like it has better leather (at least on the website photo),...
Nice to see this thread as I'm looking for the exact same shoe with a similar price-range. I've been tempted by the Meermins, though I worry about the fit on something I can't try on in a store (since my feet are slightly wide). Is there anywhere in the DC area of the US I'd be able to try on some affordable (
There is a good bit of wear on the lapels, with some fraying starting near the top and at the edges, so I think replacing the lapel facings would be needed. I assume that is a much more involved procedure, but how hard/expensive would it be to get done? Also, would the holes in the fabric be an easy fix?
There's a small thrift shop next door to me that is run by a local women's club. It's always interesting to visit since they mostly get donations from an older clientele. Recently, I came across this amazing thick and heavy wool tuxedo while browsing through their suits. Here are the pictures. Does anyone know if this is worth getting professionally repaired and tailored? And if so, who I would go to to do such a thing? I can get to Philly or NYC if necessary to find...