or Connect

Posts by Alfa

Welcome to the Tudor family! You made a good choice. Wear it in good health!
Both of these are really lovely. The brown POW especially. May have to muster up another Hober purchase, although I haven't yet had a chance to wear my first! Chocolate brown seems to be the next logical choice after the requisite navy which I have.
I would agree.
I would second the Pelagos recommendation. In many ways it is the tool watch the original Rolex Sub used to be and offers some technical advancements over the sub which actually make it extremely comfortable for daily wear - Titanium case, dynamically adjustable clasp, strong lume. it's also extremely subdued. Tudor is a relatively hot brand now in the WIS world - for better or worse.
When I look at the picture objectively 3.5 does seem in line with my lapel width but the slightly wider tie width than I'm used to feels ever so slightly odd. For my next order I'll probably go a bit narrower and try out the 3-3/8 size.I didn't order swatches prior to ordering and the navy is slightly more greenish to my eye than expected.
Got my first Hober - navy blue piccola in 3.5". is it too wide for my lapels? I'm feeling I should have gone with a 3.25".
Hi All, I also got swept up in the Meermin hype and ordered the tassel brown (maron) loafers on the Ron last from the standard line and the Double Monks in Natur Calf on the Olfe last from the Linea Maestro. Received yesterday after close to a month from ordering and with shipment to Kuala Lumpur. I had to pay 10% customs duty for UPS to even release the shipment to me (200 malaysian rinngit). For reference, I have a pair of Crockett & Jones Tetbury boots on the 348 last...
Quote: Originally Posted by dappledown Vintage Datejust 1601 Circa 1969 On an Antique Brown Alligator Strap by My Bro Aaron. 1601/4 is one of my favorites. A bit too small for my fat wrists, but lovely nonetheless.
Quote: Originally Posted by PandArts Not as baller as your vintage MB but I love my vintage Parker "51" with a similar design minus the design royalty pedigree. 51 Looks great! I'm a big fan and I've been looking for a "flighter" version for a while. Also love the parker 50 Falcon.
Quote: Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 ^ tudor is lovely, and a great brand IMO. i agree that the 38mm is a very wearable size. i'd really like one of their old ND subs. to the guy who asked, no the explorer doesn't come with a date. to me it would spoil the beautiful simplicity of the dial. Thanks! I realize that I really can't wear anything beyond 42mm these days and my comfort zone is between a 38-40. I'm waiting for the prices on...