or Connect

Posts by lupin23rd

Thanks for the replies guys, I totally agree it was kind of a silly line of thought. I tend to be a very reserved person so even though I as fairly sure the shoulders were off, I felt I needed that extra bit of validation or confirmation to have he confidence to have that chat with the sales rep. In any event, I did go back to the store today and had the chat with my rep, and after some measurements and comparisons with a previous jacket (that turned out well), we...
Hey guys, had a recent MTM jacket made, and although I am not the most knowledgable person on proper fit, the shoulders look a little big to me. Although I've posted in the Tailor's Thread here with some pics and asked whether I am correct, I'd love to actually talk to someone face to face and have them see the jacket on me and give me an expert opinion on whether it does fit right and why it does (or doesn't). Would I be able to talk into a place like Oakridge Tailors...
Greetings tailors! Recently received a MTM Samuelsohn jacket in a Harris Tweed fabric, and I'm not sure I like the results, at least in terms of shoulders. I feel like they look too big, although I am not an expert in such matters and really would like a second, knowledgeable opinion. Apologies for the pics not being the best quality, but I'm just looking at shoulders for now and hope they are enough to allow for an answer. The model of the jacket is the Ashton, and it's...
Don't know if this is a quick question or not but here goes... Recently received an order of a new tweed jacket, in the Samuelsohn Ashton cut. My initial impressions are the shoulders are too big (pics probably going to be posted in the tailor help thread later). I have previous Samuelsohn jackets in the Geneva cut, which I believe is a more soft shouldered traveller blazer. When I measure the shoulders seam-to-seam, the new tweed jacket is 1" - 1.5" wider than the...
Looking to pick up an original briefcase but really being torn back and forth on the color. I had originally wanted the green tweed version but have decided to go with a normal one instead, flipping between green and brown. My usual wardrobe is casual, the most formal is be looking to match with would be a chocolate brown corduroy blazer with denim, or a medium grey peacoat / hereingbone blazer with either denim or some earth tone cords. Given these looks would one look...
Having a buddy of mine from Japan bring me over some stuff while he visits home next week, and I've been eyeing this 45rpm shirt. Trouble is I can't seem to decide on the color. Was originally leaning towards brown and think it matches my complexion pretty well, but the grey was a fav or a friend of mine I showed it to. Also the grey would be much easier to match IMO (correct me if I'm wrong), especially considering my current wardrobe. If I go with brown, what...
I've got some pre-washed LVC 47s from what I think is 2008, would the fit on these be similar to what the same size in raw would fit like? I'm a little unsure because I had tried on another pair of 47 pre-wash 2 sizes larger than the one I bought and they still wouldn't button up.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mbrand Studio d'Artisan, Pure blue Japan, and momotaro have their shops in Harajuku. Skull jeans harajuku closed but they might still have a store somowhere. Skull Jeans should still have a shop in Meguro, that's the only Tokyo one on their site now.
Quote: Originally Posted by BRMC_doves ugggh what happened to their huge selections or am I on the wrong country site? before the summer hit they had like 30 pairs of pants...now it's like 10, if that. I noticed today it defaults to "New Arrivals", when I selected the option for "Everything" the selection was better. How "slim" are their slim jeans / pants? Thinking about a pair of raw black Japan denim, and also saw some light grey...
Just wanted to confirm, are these boots unisex? I saw a place in Canada selling them and they have a branch near me, however the website lists sizes up from 8 in the mens section, while the women's section lists from size 6 up. Clarks website seems to list Of course I'm a size 6... but not too keen on wearing a girls boot haha (Also I keep hearing to size down so these probably wouldn't even fit me well anyways )