or Connect

Posts by obie

I just stopped by D&B Tailors today in Newtown Square Pa, as I was going through all of my viable options to buy some new suits. In a few weeks he is going to run 2 MTM suits and 2 MTM shirts for 2k, which I may just try. My other options were BB and maybe a host of other possibilities, but with tailoring, may come in about the same price. Figuring the last time I bought a new suit was about 10 years ago (Hammer Time wide pant legs ), I think it may not be a bad idea...
Wow, that is some ugly s%^t....
I had to google Fortnightly....
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Why do you think that value of fine used watches has plummeted? What price range are you referring to specifically? All across the board on the used market. You can search the forums and check models being listed now, compared to say 6 months ago. This is from the $200 watch through the $100,000 watch. Watches that used to sell at a premium and in a matter of minutes now sit on forums for weeks or months. ...
Try the Sales Corners of various watch forums. Timezone, Watchuseek, Poor Mans Watch Forum and others. Now is actually a very good time to buy used watches as their value had plummeted over the last several months. I buy and sell exclusively through Timezone.
I would recommend picking up an Omega Seamaster GMT and getting it onto a nato or zulu strap. It has a true GMT function and will not attract a lot of attention. If you can go used, I would grab up what I wear: Kobold Polar Surveyor or SMG-1. Kobold will go under the radar and they also use tube/screws for the bracelet and to hold the bracelet to the case so there is no chance getting that one off your wrist. Put it on a CTECH nylon zulu strap that is double secure...