or Connect

Posts by brandall10

Yeah, I see what you mean. My poor navy shells are effin amazing -- I may prefer them aesthetically to my Brandy shell bergs.There's something about the last they use with an unstructured captoe... it gets away from being sleek and slim (relative to the 2030) , having a weight to it, yet at the same time being handsomely sculpted in the shape. It's a really great look and unique to them.
Those look spectacular. These are the 2nd pari of shell Junkards I've seen and I love them. They seem to fall more into the early pre-GYW / pre-structured Viberg aesthetic.
Thanks guys. Yeah, this is truly a bummer. On the one hand, I really want these boots -- I pretty much fell in love w/ Deusis's makeup (got the same except w/ 8 eyelets), they're sorta an 'alternate reality more rugged' version of the navy shell Vibergs from a few years back. So it's a grail for me. They came out looking truly glorious, much nicer than the original build with the wonky structured toe. On the other hand, this is a pretty big goof up. It most certainly...
Just took delivery of the boots. They do look fantastic, and when it's light out I'll be happy to take glamour shots. Unfortunately they weren't meant to be worn on-foot - there's a substantial tear at the base of the tongue on the right boot, and the left boot has some minor tearing on both sides of its tongue. Pretty distraught to say the least... but at the end of the day they're just boots. Kicked it back to Truman, let's see what they can do.
Finally got one for my navy shells, they are coming Monday as well.
I didn't... it was I think $18 which is small in the scheme of things, esp. when it sounded like it was going to be a quick rebuild. Had I known it was just going to be like this I would have been more curt about it.
I'll say this much -- my navy shell rebuild coming from Truman better be fan-freakin-tastic. I was told they would be "coming in over the weekend" to finish them a few weeks back. Of course that didn't happen, so I asked for an update to be told that they were built but still are on the finishing rack. At least I wasn't given a new ETA. I'm unsure how many weeks we're at now... the original boots I believe were at 15 weeks, the rebuilds were supposed to take 4 but I...
He was great when ordering my Navy Shells and communicating on the rebuild. He's ignored the two emails I sent over the past couple weeks, and Truman has ignored a phone call I made last Friday. I guess I'll try again and hope for the best.EDIT: got a response, should be shipped within a week.
FWIW, I got my Navy shells after 15 weeks, they messed up the order (structured toe when specified unstructured), said the rebuild would be 4 weeks, and now it's closing in on 9.I sent an email over two weeks ago asking for an update. No response. Sent another email 6 days ago, no response. Called on Friday and left a message, no response.On the plus side they were very responsive taking the boots back and setting up the rebuild. Hopefully things settle down a bit soon.
I'm certain that as of the black shell boot released at the end of 2013 all Viberg shell boots have had partial structure. Prior boots appeared mostly unstructured -- one notable exception was the Manufactum 1940 plain toe black shell from 2011. Also to note is Leffot did 2 #8 runs... the one from 2012 was unstructured, the one from 2014 was structured.I actually like the ping-pong toe on the GYW shell boots... finishing on the toe on the GYW boots looks right. Still...