or Connect

Posts by brandall10

Venetian is great stuff and used by Nick Horween - Viberg also ships it out with their boots (got it with my Brandy shells).http://www.styleforum.net/t/274603/nick-v-interviews-nick-horween-horween-leather"My standby is neutral Venetian Cream. C.A. Zoes is a great, old Chicago company and they make great stuff. There are so many different great products out there, though. The Saphir line is also great, and I know there are a million different products that people swear by....
[DUP]
Wow. I think they're cool but aside from the W+H affiliation I'm surprised they'd go that fast... triple leather/blacked out/leather sole seem like a deviation for the Viberg faithful. Perhaps a Viberg for someone with 3+ other Vibergs... or perhaps a particular SF/goodyearwelt member posted some yummy wear photos And to think just over a year ago blue shells sat around for over a week...
Link? The W+H site still shows sold out.
Massive fan of Smartwool PhD outdoor socks. They are banded around the middle to hold your foot snug, padded in the heel and forefoot, super tough and breathable. Socksaddict tends to have Smartwool sales periodically for like 30-40% off, free shipping.
SHIPPED. A bargain indeed.
I'm an 8.5c brannock (well really between a b and a c) and take an 8c in a 975.I have an 8 in the brandy boot and a 7.5 in the brown cxl, and I wear both. The brandy boot is more comfortable - it also feels considerably narrower, esp. in the heel... while the 7.5 is a bit tight in the toe-box but works well enough that I've decided against flipping it - it's taken about 20 wears to get there. A 7 would certainly murder my foot.
Fortuntely my Gamble's Hill indys (Barrie lasted w/ crepe sole) don't exhibit this behavior, but my retired 403s were terrible. And my other boot needs are currently handled by Viberg w/ a bellows tongue so...In any case, I had noted this review on reddit some time back that had a reasonable fix (yes it includes some sewing, but hard to see):http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/1rhvei/review_alden_403_indy_boots_4_years_of_wear/The other work I had done was...
I'm of opposite opinion - the 2030s quell stubbiness that can come with workboots. Elongated, yeah... but these aren't really that much, no more than a Barrie lasted boot. It's not nearly as elongated as a truly elongated dress shoe in the same size (ie. a C&J 348).That said, I'm 5'5" and have the 2030 captoe service boots in a size 7.5 (brown cxl) and size 8 (brandy).For my frame, the 7.5s look great. The 8s are pushing it, but unfortunately they're my actual size. If...
Very interested in #11 if it stays unstructured.