or Connect

Posts by brandall10

Ha... I'm 5'5". I actually think my unstructured 7.5 CXLs look fairly dainty (at least from the profile shot) so I'm not terribly concerned about an 8 Brandy visually... but I wasn't factoring in the partially structured toe. My new Indys, while significantly more narrow, seem slightly longer and more bulbous in the toe in the profile shot and are at my personal limit of what I'd think gets into clownish territory for my frame.Could anyone with both partially structured...
Yeah, these are quite special. Definitely daily driver status.I'm actually at an 8 on the Brandy's now - it's not the vamp (which feels spot on), but how my foot rests at the flexpoint that has me concerned on my 7.5s.
Quite tight. The funny thing is it doesn't seem to make a difference... tightness or socks. I can stick my foot in sockless and I get that sensation. When I put my weight down there is a palpable 'squishing' effect, if that makes any sense, where it feels like my forefoot is pushing into the front of the boot. Yeah, I'm thinking that's the right move. All I know is my Gamble's Hill Indys in an 8d fit great... slightly loose in the heel, slightly snug in the forefoot,...
Hey sacafotos,Just wanted to thank you again and note that I ended up wearing the Gamble's Hill Indys over the past few days.I have fallen completely in love with these. The crepe sole is a bit odd, but I can't argue that they aren't comfortable. With the somewhat lightweight build they feel more like high-top sneakers than boots.I want to put some serious wear into them before sharing photos, as yours have inspired me to do so... cheers
About a week ago I commented on a 7.5 2030 Service boot being perhaps a bit small for my 8.5c Brannock foot - just a tad lengthwise. From a volume perspective it's a pretty good fit.Now I'm not so sure. There is that sensation of my forefoot 'riding up' into the toebox, but OTOH, these have more toe spring than I'm used to... compared to any of my aldens, the toe ends up nearly a half inch higher.This is causing no shortage of grief for me as I was one of the lucky few...
I can't quite rememeber the out of box fit - but the leather laces did make some difference for me, esp. in the way they scrunch up and compress the tongue against the foot. I've only worn the Barrie Indys on carpet down my hallway on a few occasions, but I have to tie them up even tighter than you have them (only about half inch of width) and they feel loose on top, but lack a bit of width in the forefoot. I'm an 8c on the 975 fwiw and they feel fantastic, if slightly...
I seem to recall alot were in smaller sizes (ie. 7.5 - 9).
Hmm... seems either goes with the same relative range of jeans/chinos (which is basically all I wear). Both in the same relative code range too, being light/medium brown. Without a doubt the Vibergs are heavier and sturdier, but I don't see that as an issue personally - these are all daily drivers for me.I'm not sure on the Vibergs, just kicked it up to an 8 as my brown CXL service boots in 7.5 feet a bit short, but I'm not certain if they are. I tried wearing a Viberg...
Damn! They really are looking amazing with some wear. These things have an odd effect of looking like a much larger boot (ie. I would have suspected you size 8s to be like a sz 10-11). I have till Thurs to send these back so I'm going to have to think hard on it. If only I hadn't gotten those Brandy Vibergs.... but OTOH, I know I will regret it if I send these back.
Damn! Those are looking spectacular... like real Indy boots!Have any recent on foot photos, esp. from the side?