or Connect

Posts by Avebury

Quote: Originally Posted by walneal Hold your breath guys,something different MHKGM Dear God! Do you wear a dress with those?
I did go through a period of really liking the Grenson "Rose" collection, but have now retreated to Tricker's and Crockett & Jones where I'll stay, with perhaps a trip out to Edward Green at some point in the future to get specific styles. It's nice to know what you really like. I don't like the contemporary styling and lasts on many Grenson "Rose" shoes and the "Rushden Range" is really ghastly, but I have to say that the ones I owned were finished far better than...
Alfred Sargent used to do a really natty pair of white Oxfords. Haven't seen any for years. Sort of thing you'd see in a Brideshead flick, if you like that kind of guff.
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman That's like something I'd order on mescalin. Certainly a very odd looking shoe. Not my cup of tea at all.
Much sought after by interior designers, alas. I nearly bagged a pair with wooden boot trees at an auction a month or two back. The condition was, however, very poor. Robert Graves put his weatherstained unform on the fire at the end of the war. I guess most boots fell apart. I shall keep looking!
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyoneill Two new additions: Forgot the photo. I've got pics somewhere of a pair I saw in Dorchester Museum.
Quote: Originally Posted by dkzzzz What or who you going to ride with those boots? Pics please Great looking boots, but difficult to know where you'd where them beyond riding horse that is. The slightly pointed last looks a tad like that on WWI era officer's riding boots. Nice!
May be a tad more. I think the EG brogue retails at £510, the F&S at £565. Can't be sure though.
Best buy? Tricker's "Lambourn" or Crockett & Jones "Chelsea"? Colour aside (I prefer chestnut), there's not much to choose between them, though the C&J last is a bit longer and sleeker. I'm not thinking of anything above or below these two makes (no Loake, Barker or Lobb, EG, etc), or beyond the Northampton makers (RMW, Brumby, etc). Thanks in advance - feeback useful.
If you like suede, wear suede! These days, anything goes. I think all the class bollocks that pervades British society is (thankfully) withering on the vine. Vivre la Revolution!