or Connect

Posts by OCULUS

Speaking of Italian Cowboys above, I finally got to wear and break in a pair of well-made Spanish riding/cowboy boots yesterday. I got them last spring from Yoox at a seriously reduced price (I had first ordered them at a minor $ reduction and decided they weren't worth the $$; but later when the bottom fell out, I reordered them, unreturnable, for about $85). Really like the rich darker brown finish...and rubber sole inset permits use on my motorcycle. They are...
Lugged soles on cowboy boots are being pushed more heavily this year by Back at the Ranch, Santa Fe. I just can't get used to them, and of course, question their utility (suede stains so badly with salt and of course, they are not lined). I find other shoes and boots to wear once we get serious snow and ice here, so I can appreciate the concept, but really think they look strange. Anyone have any thoughts on these?
Spaghetti Westerns!I had a pair of Italian cowboys once and put them on ePrey almost immediately. They were just not comfortable for my E-width (their usual narrow last cut, I suspect), and like these, the tapered shape of the forefoot just looks fancy/odd to me.Great looking calf and craftsmanship though. Were they purchased here or in Italy? I know of a couple of high-end western stores in Switzerland and France--but they all sell high-end American boots (Stallion, J....
As I mentioned earlier this summer, I was about to expand beyond the conservative, plain-foot cowboy boots of my past and venture into something more exotic. Well, the J. B. Hill cognac anteaters were a "first step" in that they are triads (the last pair of legal hides they had were too small for a full foot). But later on this summer, I took advantage of a Falconhead Tres Outlaws sale and jumped for a pair I have ogled for too long: Tooled mahogany (#14076) with a 3/4"...
Just found this Sandhills Boot Company's vid on another website and thought it interesting. I gather one needs to go to Etsy to see his work in detail. NB: I just went to Etsy and cannot find any listing for Sandhills. I'm not very familiar with Etsy, but thought a search would turn him up. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E1xbDlym8_8
Well, as advertised/warned a couple of posts back, I am busting out of my conservative (eastern) boot style. My first custom-designed J. B. Hill's arrived today, and they are even more spectacular--and fun-- than I had hoped. They are cognac and chocolate, based on their "cattails" triad design, to which I added some whimsey in the pull department. I call them my "picnic boots" and you get to be the first to see them. I'll be curious about your collective...
(I mistakenly posted this earlier as a NEW THREAD and saw it wind up on the main board; I repeat post it here where someone may have some experience to contribute.) Hi All, This morning, I pulled on a pair of olive jeans and matched up a pair Lucchese sueded crocs. Walking the dogs, they got fairly wet in the cool morning dew and have now dried out nicely, but that got me to wondering if anyone has any long-term experience with sueded exotics? Any staining or rubbed-bare...
New anteaters from J. B. Hill.
Whoops, this is supposed to have been posted in Cowboy Boots; pls feel free to move or delete. Hi All, This morning, I pulled on a pair of olive jeans and matched up a pair Lucchese sueded crocs. Walking the dogs, they got fairly wet in the cool morning dew and have now dried out nicely, but that go t me to wondering if anyone has any long-term experience with sueded exotics? Any staining or rubbed-bare spots? Have you tired to "clean" them with a metal brush or...
The maker, DWFII is who posted the original shots of his work; go back one page to see others.