or Connect

Posts by Standard Toaster

Quote: Originally Posted by greekonomist False You don't rate Scholes? He might be getting on which limits him to an impact player, but the past few England managers obviously think he has enough left in him for them to try and tempt him from retirement.
Quote: Originally Posted by daft While there are some fantastic players no english midfielders are capable of dictating the tempo of the game. . Paul Scholes.
Daniel Craig always looks like he's wearing cheap ties. Ugly ones too.
Murray will win it.
Quote: Originally Posted by onix Only if by "Forum's favourite shoes" you meant "Foof's favourite shoes" I thought foof was forum favourite?
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum Unless you're about 2 inches away they don't look any different to non-functional buttons... I'd have to disagree, in real life I can often tell working buttonholes from some distance.
I'd skip RTW and MTM and go straight to bespoke. I don't need suits, but I'd buy: Two odd jackets (patch pocketed navy blazer then something in a tweed). Five or six pairs of chinos. One pair of grey flannel trousers. Six MTM shirts (three of white and three of blue). Two or three pairs of RTW C&Js, all derby styles. Two or three regimental ties. I don't think I'd need any more than that.
Ugh, that midget Downing as Holmes. It's going to be terrible. On the topic of Holmes, is anyone in the Sherlock Holmes Society of London? I thought about joining, but I only really want the tie.
I have quite a bizarre one. If say for example I'm wearing a hooded jumper and using public transport, if I see someone looking at me I always think, "ahhh! have I left a sock in my hoody from when I did the washing?". Then I'll sit still, waiting for them to look away before I can check.
Quote: Originally Posted by kannoos Barrel cuffs are boring and although they are fine for work, not really elegant enough for something like an evening social occasion. Then again, I would not wear a double cuff shirt with a sweater - I did it once and the results were not good. Still, french cuffs with an odd jacket? I've never seen it done well.