or Connect

Posts by Spark

You can find the westchester at the outlets for $135. They will ship if you call or email them...customer service is very responsive and helpful I picked up a pair in the suede a few months ago - great shoe - but beware of the sizing. I had to go down a full size.
I'd go with Incotex - either the winter chinos or the high comfort regular chinos. Winter chinos are a heavier twill a la Bill's.. they are my favorite casual pants Mabitex tends to have a much lower rise, except for their upper lines; Incos generally have a standard trouser rise and are extremely comfortable and look much, much better than any of the pants mentioned above. Just beware of the ankle measurement at the hem as this can vary widely by the factory they come...
Isaia 2 button Sports coat, “Cliff” model, soft shoulders with very light padding, 100% wool, fully canvassed, twin vents, flapped pockets, greenish/grey base with black dogstooth and green windowpane, non-working buttons on sleeves wonderful drape and hand. Always stored in cedar closet on wood hanger in non-smoking home; Fall/Winter/Spring weight Awesome jacket, just hasn't been making it into the rotation - $150 shipped USPS Priority CONUS Deets: Shoulder:...
I PM'ed about the second pair early this AM, bit no response...?????
Well, the OP said "Slacks/Pants" and mentioned that he favored "thicker materials" and that one of his favorites was "Dickies." I can't remember when I last saw Dickies in super 100s or a cashmere flannel blend and, if he is wearing Dickies to a law office, then a pair of heavy cotton Incos in dark or neutral color would surely be considered a reasonable step up, no?
I'd go back and swap that R1 for an R2 - the R1 is pretty thin - more like a heavier base layer than a mid layer and the R2 has an amazing range and is much more versatile. Better to be a bit too warm and open a zipper to vent for a few minutes than be cold an unable to get warm. Plus they are having a 30% sale right now and a easy return policy. You can also look on 6pm.com where they dump a bunch of their overstock. Re: Nau. I have a bunch of their stuff as they are...
I'd look at Incotex High Comfort chinos. They come in a regular weight and a heavier "winter weight" that sounds like it is right up your alley - I have 4 pair of the heavier ones and love them. You can find these regularly on fleabay and over in B&S whenever Daffy's has a dump of them. Prices will range from $45-80. They are slimmer than most pants but, in general, I find them more comfortable than jeans. Only caveats would be that you need to check the sizing as the...
Key question of entire threak = Will the new cuffs have working buttons?
You could probably have it adjusted and then use some seam sealer goop to re-seal the seam. Then again, if it is just the length of the arms I would just tuck them into the gauntlets of the gloves and call it good. Cheaper and warmer...
Foo - I'm in the Pacific NW (115" of pow in the last 7 days - don't hate boys!) and ride a few times a week all the way into late spring and place a season's pass on the same level as a regular haircut. Lots of good advice so far, but here are a few thoughts: - You did really well on the basics, but a performance base layer setup is mandatory as its role it to wick the sweat away so your skin stay's dry and "dry = warm." Cotton is a lousy wicking material and offers zip...