or Connect

Posts by Spark

I've got a pair of Loake Kemptons in a darker chestnut brown leather with Danite soles in a 9.5UK/G fitting. These are from the 1880 line. Fitwise, I am a US 10.5 - 11 (depending upon the last) EE width and these fit great - actually pretty sleek looking for a wide shoe - as I sized down a full size. (Please see here instead of crappy cell phone shots: http://www.loake.co.uk/loake-1880/boot/kempton-leather-sole.html) I've probably worn them somewhere between 6-8 times...
RE: Carminas at the Armoury. I queried them and the catch is that the return policy is for merchandise credit only. That and the shipping to/from HK put a dent in my plans when it came to a shoe I was unsure of the fit on. Howard Yount has some good looking captoes in snuff I believe...
Um, you may want to google "Belgian shoes" in NYC...
I had a RL buckle and got a strap at BB - both on sale - and wound up passing them along on B&S. The buckle was very lightweight - no heft to it at all - and didn't really clamp well. I think Tiffany's is the call...
If you are targeting the Rack, then be sure to look at Facconable's ties - some, not all, are made by Bruer and are high quality and can be had for a great price.
Sorry, I don't know the Boglioli models - I grabbed a couple in the post-Xmas sales where prices were slashed to $2-250. My ideal BOC measurements should be 31.5 and this was more in the 29.5/30 range - close but no cigar. My sense is that the cut is part of the current trend to go shorter in the profile, but that whole Thom Brown-ish thing doesn't work for me. RE 3 beans for JA. Agreed. Normally I wouldn't even look at his stuff, but these pieces are a real aberration...
I've ordered a few Bogliolis and an LBM from YOOX and had to send them back - the sleeves (working buttons) were fine in length but the length is cut very short on a regular but I can't seem to find any Longs. Strange but true, I stumbled across this jacket from Joseph Abboud about a year ago in a Nordie's Rack while hunting down some shoe trees - zero padding, unlined, dual vent, working buttons but long sleeve ends for easy fix, patch pockets, wool, cashmere, silk...
Mine have worn well and are great for wet weather, but they are quite slippery when coming in out of the rain.. say you walk into a market with a tiled floor, it's easy to wind up on your ass.
What's the length on these like? I got a few Bogliolis at the YE sale and they were all a bit too Thom Brownish in length, so back the went. Are the LBMs the same?
Hi, Can you shoot me outsole measurements? Thanks in advance, Tom