or Connect

Posts by Spark

Well, the OP said "Slacks/Pants" and mentioned that he favored "thicker materials" and that one of his favorites was "Dickies." I can't remember when I last saw Dickies in super 100s or a cashmere flannel blend and, if he is wearing Dickies to a law office, then a pair of heavy cotton Incos in dark or neutral color would surely be considered a reasonable step up, no?
I'd go back and swap that R1 for an R2 - the R1 is pretty thin - more like a heavier base layer than a mid layer and the R2 has an amazing range and is much more versatile. Better to be a bit too warm and open a zipper to vent for a few minutes than be cold an unable to get warm. Plus they are having a 30% sale right now and a easy return policy. You can also look on 6pm.com where they dump a bunch of their overstock. Re: Nau. I have a bunch of their stuff as they are...
I'd look at Incotex High Comfort chinos. They come in a regular weight and a heavier "winter weight" that sounds like it is right up your alley - I have 4 pair of the heavier ones and love them. You can find these regularly on fleabay and over in B&S whenever Daffy's has a dump of them. Prices will range from $45-80. They are slimmer than most pants but, in general, I find them more comfortable than jeans. Only caveats would be that you need to check the sizing as the...
Key question of entire threak = Will the new cuffs have working buttons?
You could probably have it adjusted and then use some seam sealer goop to re-seal the seam. Then again, if it is just the length of the arms I would just tuck them into the gauntlets of the gloves and call it good. Cheaper and warmer...
Foo - I'm in the Pacific NW (115" of pow in the last 7 days - don't hate boys!) and ride a few times a week all the way into late spring and place a season's pass on the same level as a regular haircut. Lots of good advice so far, but here are a few thoughts: - You did really well on the basics, but a performance base layer setup is mandatory as its role it to wick the sweat away so your skin stay's dry and "dry = warm." Cotton is a lousy wicking material and offers zip...
Dark Brown Suede Bomber Jacket – Size Large, but please check measurements. Great casual piece, soft rich chocolate suede, elastic fabric cuffs, collar and waist, brass zipper, side pockets,fully lined quilted interior but not "insulated" plus two interior pockets and a security snap pocket as well. Got this as a gift bit have worn it about 5-6 times – flawless shape - $80 Shipped USPS Priority CONUS Shoulder: 22 Chest: 23 Sleeve 25 BOC 28
Dark Brown Suede Bomber Jacket – Size Large, but please check measurements. Great casual piece, soft rich chocolate suede, elastic fabric cuffs, collar and waist, brass zipper, side pockets,fully lined quilted interior but not "insulated" plus two interior pockets and a security snap pocket as well. Got this as a gift bit have worn it about 5-6 times – flawless shape - $80 Shipped USPS Priority CONUS Shoulder: 22 Chest: 23 Sleeve 25 BOC 28
NWT Incotex High comfort cotton Charcoal chinos size 52/US 36, flat front, all of the usual Inco details – all-time classic and super versatile business casual pants that go with everything you own - $55 Shipped USPS Priority CONUS Please note that the color is a truer charcoal (read darker) l than in the pics - bloody flash washed the color out a bit... Waist 17” (+2) Rise 11 Leg Opening 8” Unhemmed
Funny, but I find a lot of the newer Isaia stuff sub-par to the older models. After a couple of years of experimentation,I found what works/what I favor and I'd say about 80% of my current closet is Isaia. Even though I picked up a couple of pieces in the newer Base S cut in the last year, it can't touch the older Stuart or Scott or even the first generation of S models in terms of the subtlety of the cut and the silhouette . The new shoulders seem more padded and not...