or Connect

Posts by Spark

Loake Chukka Boot, Gatcombe model in a 9.5/UK G (wide) fitting. Brown, three eyelets, Danite sole that looks new. Worn about a dozen times (see sole for wear), always stored with trees, comes with unopened tin of Loake polish and shoe bags, but no trees. Great winter shoe - very versatile! Fit-wise, this is very similar to the 026 and/or capital lasts, but just a bit longer. I am a "big" 10.5/US and these are roomy and I'm pretty confident they would work if you are...
You can also look at Canali's Kei jackets - they are quite wonderfully cut and completely unlined. I got into the unstructured/patch pocket look a few years ago. I find that they are a great Biz Casual alternative and can go with anything from jeans on up for going out or to dinner parties - comfy like a cardigan but with a bit more panache. I probably have a 1/2 dozen of them and they get heavy use. Also awesome for travel and you can just ball them up in an overhead and...
Same drill as above, but here are a pair of AE Randolphs that Brooks rebadged and sells for $318. Here's a link to the BB site: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Penny-Loafers/MH00026,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00026_Color=BLCK&contentpos=10&cgid=0522 These are a 9.5 EEE/US but beware of the random madness of AE's last sizing as I am a big 10.5 and had to size down the same way I would on a typical UK fitting. Lovely dark brown color, sole has factory installed topy, so great...
Here's a pair of Chukkas I'm about to list over in B&S, but I figured I'd give you guys a shot at them first: Loake Gatcombe (for Charles Trywhitt) in a 9.5/UK G fitting. This is very similar to the 026 last, but just a bit longer - I am a "big" 10.5/US and these are roomy and I'd bet they would work if you were an 11 as well. G fitting is a EEE US. Brown, three eyelets, Danite sole that looks new. Worn about a dozen times (see sole for wear), always stored with trees,...
JRD - On C&J, the 325 is pretty wide..good rounded toe but not bulbous..and the 240 can work as well. The 325 is wider than the 337 (I have both) and 240 a bit narrower than the 337 Brooks sells both in the Peal line. Again, many of these are special runs for Brooks and you can gain some extra real estate if they have them in a US E (which I think is a UK F in these models) as opposed to the standard D. The 240 is available in the punched cap toe and the 325 is the split...
You can just google 'em and find different ones at various price points depending upon your need. Here is what I have: https://www.footfitter.com/p/101-011/professional-one-way-shoe-stretcher.html?gclid=CJbh2-SIkbQCFUxxQgodWFUA_A If you're more on the Sasquatch level or have odd bunions or whatever, this may be the call: https://www.footfitter.com/p/101-901/pair-footfitter-premium-professional-shoe-stretcher-2-way-deluxe.html?gclid=CI-95YCJkbQCFUjZQgodGxcA3A I bought...
'Blitz- Charles Trywhitt gets Loake to do special runs now and again. The advertised "wide widths" or "EEE" fittings are actually UK G widths that are not normally available, plus you have the eternal sales and coupons, so $200-250 is usually the target price. I've got a pile of C&Js, Aldens, and some A&Es that all fit well, but my "comfort shoe" is that 026 last Loake, followed by Alden and C&Js 325 and 337 (hand grade). I've looked at ordering the 341 which I've heard...
I have done a lot of these (both as an exec and having management teams shot) over the years. Solids across the board are your best bet - light blue shirt and a navy or black tie with with either one of the suits you mentioned. The low contrast of the ensemble will highlight your face better. Good luck with the shoot!
I have done a lot of these (both as an exec and having management teams shot) over the years. Solids across the board are your best bet - light blue shirt and a navy or black tie with with either one of the suits you mentioned. The low contrast of the ensemble will highlight your face better. Good luck with the shoot!