or Connect

Posts by Spark

JRD - On C&J, the 325 is pretty wide..good rounded toe but not bulbous..and the 240 can work as well. The 325 is wider than the 337 (I have both) and 240 a bit narrower than the 337 Brooks sells both in the Peal line. Again, many of these are special runs for Brooks and you can gain some extra real estate if they have them in a US E (which I think is a UK F in these models) as opposed to the standard D. The 240 is available in the punched cap toe and the 325 is the split...
You can just google 'em and find different ones at various price points depending upon your need. Here is what I have: https://www.footfitter.com/p/101-011/professional-one-way-shoe-stretcher.html?gclid=CJbh2-SIkbQCFUxxQgodWFUA_A If you're more on the Sasquatch level or have odd bunions or whatever, this may be the call: https://www.footfitter.com/p/101-901/pair-footfitter-premium-professional-shoe-stretcher-2-way-deluxe.html?gclid=CI-95YCJkbQCFUjZQgodGxcA3A I bought...
'Blitz- Charles Trywhitt gets Loake to do special runs now and again. The advertised "wide widths" or "EEE" fittings are actually UK G widths that are not normally available, plus you have the eternal sales and coupons, so $200-250 is usually the target price. I've got a pile of C&Js, Aldens, and some A&Es that all fit well, but my "comfort shoe" is that 026 last Loake, followed by Alden and C&Js 325 and 337 (hand grade). I've looked at ordering the 341 which I've heard...
I have done a lot of these (both as an exec and having management teams shot) over the years. Solids across the board are your best bet - light blue shirt and a navy or black tie with with either one of the suits you mentioned. The low contrast of the ensemble will highlight your face better. Good luck with the shoot!
I have done a lot of these (both as an exec and having management teams shot) over the years. Solids across the board are your best bet - light blue shirt and a navy or black tie with with either one of the suits you mentioned. The low contrast of the ensemble will highlight your face better. Good luck with the shoot!
I have a Chelsea and a RL Richmond vest (and have tried on the Richmond Jacket). Here's my thoughts: The Barbour is heavier than the RL and mine has a very light fleece interior, so I'd consider it more of a winter jacket. The construction is a bit burlier than the Polos and the coat has some heft compared to most quilts, but the sizing has Barbour's usual vagaries so you might need to size up or down a bit to get it right. Leather trim at the wrists and underneath the...
I put an extra stud snap in the back of my chelsea (beyond the two that are there) and that nips the waist and gives it some much-needed shape. I looked at taking in the sides with a tailor, but the design of the seams are such that it was going to be an expensive pain in the ass. The extra stud was cheap, easy and effective - I did it at a camping repair store. On the flip side, taking in the sides of my Eskdale was really easy.
Oh yeah - LOVE this thread... a godsend! Thanks! Also interested in any C&J on the 325 or 341 lasts.
I've got a pair of Loake Kemptons in a darker chestnut brown leather with Danite soles in a 9.5UK/G fitting. These are from the 1880 line. Fitwise, I am a US 10.5 - 11 (depending upon the last) EE width and these fit great - actually pretty sleek looking for a wide shoe - as I sized down a full size. (Please see here instead of crappy cell phone shots: http://www.loake.co.uk/loake-1880/boot/kempton-leather-sole.html) I've probably worn them somewhere between 6-8 times...
RE: Carminas at the Armoury. I queried them and the catch is that the return policy is for merchandise credit only. That and the shipping to/from HK put a dent in my plans when it came to a shoe I was unsure of the fit on. Howard Yount has some good looking captoes in snuff I believe...