or Connect

Posts by Spark

Remember those heavyweight khakis from WWII that you used to be able to find in Army/Navy stores that wore like iron? Here they are – 10.2 oz heavy twill fabric that will probably outlast you. Spotless, full cut, no stains, rips, or creases. Sized 36 waist Waist: 17.75” with 2.5+ in waist to let Inseam: 29 + 1” underneath Not cuffed Rise: 12” Hem 9.5” They go for $175 new… yours for $50 shipped CONUS.
Remember those heavyweight khakis from WWII that you used to be able to find in Army/Navy stores that wore like iron? Here they are – 10.2 oz heavy twill fabric that will probably outlast you. Spotless, full cut, no stains, rips, or creases. Sized 36 waist Waist: 17.75” with 2.5+ in waist to let Inseam: 29 + 1” underneath Not cuffed Rise: 12” Hem 9.5” They go for $175 new… yours for $50 shipped CONUS.
APC New Standards Size 33 (see sizing info below). No introduction needed – classic dark selvage denim – goes with everything. Cold rinsed once, worn twice, no creasing or fading. Basically as new, just headed in a different direction denim-wise. If you are new to APCs, please note that these puppies are notorious for S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G with wearing so the stated sizing is a bit of a novelty act - please see these threads for...
APC New Standards Size 33. No introduction needed – classic dark selvage denim – goes with everything. Cold rinsed once, worn twice, no creasing or fading. Basically as new, just headed in a different direction denim-wise. If you are new to APCs, please note that these puppies are notorious for S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G with wearing so the stated sizing is a bit of a novelty act - please see these threads for...
Recent Brooks loafers in brown. These are pair of AE Randolphs that Brooks rebadged and currently sells for $318. Lovely dark brown color, sole has factory installed topy, so great for wet weather, goes with just about everything in your closet. Worn probably about 8 times - always polished and stored with trees and in perfect condition, but I am going in another direction on the loafer front. Here's a link to the BB...
Loake Chukka Boot, Gatcombe model in a 9.5/UK G (wide) fitting. Brown, three eyelets, Danite sole that looks new. Worn about a dozen times (see sole for wear), always stored with trees, comes with unopened tin of Loake polish and shoe bags, but no trees. Great winter shoe - very versatile! Fit-wise, this is very similar to the 026 and/or capital lasts, but just a bit longer. I am a "big" 10.5/US and these are roomy and I'm pretty confident they would work if you are...
You can also look at Canali's Kei jackets - they are quite wonderfully cut and completely unlined. I got into the unstructured/patch pocket look a few years ago. I find that they are a great Biz Casual alternative and can go with anything from jeans on up for going out or to dinner parties - comfy like a cardigan but with a bit more panache. I probably have a 1/2 dozen of them and they get heavy use. Also awesome for travel and you can just ball them up in an overhead and...
Same drill as above, but here are a pair of AE Randolphs that Brooks rebadged and sells for $318. Here's a link to the BB site: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Penny-Loafers/MH00026,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00026_Color=BLCK&contentpos=10&cgid=0522 These are a 9.5 EEE/US but beware of the random madness of AE's last sizing as I am a big 10.5 and had to size down the same way I would on a typical UK fitting. Lovely dark brown color, sole has factory installed topy, so great...
Here's a pair of Chukkas I'm about to list over in B&S, but I figured I'd give you guys a shot at them first: Loake Gatcombe (for Charles Trywhitt) in a 9.5/UK G fitting. This is very similar to the 026 last, but just a bit longer - I am a "big" 10.5/US and these are roomy and I'd bet they would work if you were an 11 as well. G fitting is a EEE US. Brown, three eyelets, Danite sole that looks new. Worn about a dozen times (see sole for wear), always stored with trees,...