or Connect

Posts by Spark

Very cool dark slate gray knit tie with waffle weave texture and pointed (as opposed to felt) end. 100% crunchy silk, this is a Donna Karan Black Label (highest line) model that is made in Italy that is very similar to the knit ties Tom Ford is selling these days. Standard length of 58" long and 2.75" at the widest point. Detail shot of labels is accurate representation of both color and fabric weave/texture. Nice alternative to standard square end knits, the tie is in...
Very cool dark slate gray knit tie with waffle weave texture and pointed (as opposed to felt) end. 100% crunchy silk, this is a Donna Karan Black Label (highest line) model that is made in Italy that is very similar to the knit ties Tom Ford is selling these days. Standard length of 58" long and 2.75" at the widest point. Detail shot of labels is accurate representation of both color and fabric weave/texture. Nice alternative to standard square end knits, the tie is in...
Classic Carroll & Company hand-made dark brown "garza fina" grenadine tie - this is the finer, more densely woven of the two grenadine fabrics. Second shot of keeper shows accurately color and fabric detail. Classic 58" length, 3 5/8" at widest point, it is in perfect shape - no snags, creases, or imperfections of any kind...basically as new. Great piece - goes with everything. FYI: C&C is a Beverly Hills men's shop that has been around since the late 40s and is...
Just to clarify - when I say "frosty" I meant it came across as a dismissive coldness, like they were doing me a favor just by looking my way. Not one person asked if I needed any help or even said hello. Now, if I had showed up in oversized cargo shorts, an XXL Jets jersey, some Velcro sneakers and orange mirrored sunglasses I guess I could see being dissed in a place like that. But I had just come from several meetings and was wearing an Isaia suit, C&J Audleys, a solid...
Quick business trip to NYC let me with a rare 3-hour window of downtime before heading to the airport and back West so I made a run through the midtown menswear corridor. Here's the highlight reel: C&J: My first trip here. I had done business with them when they had the old shop above T&A (in both NYC and LA) and in London, so I was interested in what the standalone act was going to be like. A quick search will show a lot of beefs from other members over service/attitude...
It's your money, but that second rig is not in the same realm as the Isaia either construction- or style-wise. Between the skinny lapels, the angled pockets, and the Thom Browne length, you're looking at something that is speeding towards the "dated" pile.... Not sure why you think it's heavy - the fabric looks more like a fine grade hopsack. I'd ask the seller if it is more of a three season jacket or a year rounder.. Good luck!
It's the real deal and a very recent model - the short length is a dead giveaway to some tweaks they made to this silhouette in the last year or so. At first I thought it was a short, but then looked at the tag. Older models would have been 31.5" or 32.5-ish long from BOC. Note that even though it is a two button, the stance will be a bit higher on the top one than a standard 2-button cut. If you are ready to make an investment in a rock solid staple, you probably won't...
Loake Chukka Boot, Gatcombe model in a 9.5/UK G (wide) fitting. Brown, three eyelets, Danite sole that looks new. Worn about a dozen times (see sole for wear), always stored with trees, comes with unopened tin of Loake polish and shoe bags, but no trees. Great winter shoe - very versatile! Fit-wise, this is very similar to the 026 and/or capital lasts, but just a bit longer. I am a "big" 10.5/US and these are roomy and I'm pretty confident they would work if you are an...
Sorry about that, but thanks for pointing it out - I checked again and have updated measurements.
NWT Mabitex size 52/US 36 flat front chinos, cool light eggplant color. (Note: Crappy iPhone pics are a bit darker than true color) Hands down, these are the nicest pairs of Mabis I’ve seen – substantial cotton twill fabric, lots of detailing:curtained waistband, coin pocket, MOP buttons, all internal seams are finished and taped, lovely striped shirting material for pockets. Never worn, all original tags intact. Pristine, as new condition. Factory hemmed, but really...