or Connect

Posts by Spark

Just doing some seasonal closet cleaning and I have an Isaia SC that doesn't get much play in the rotation. It's a 2 button in a 42R, model “Cliff G”, soft shoulders with very light padding, fully canvassed, twin vents, flapped pockets, non-working buttons on sleeves for easy adjustment..all the usual Isaia goodness. Note: Label says 52 but please check measurements. I generally wear a 44 in Isaia and this fits me fine. Please check the measurements below Taupe base...
If you're on the West Coast, then the Rack or Off 5h are good bets. Also look at Nordstrom mainline stores - they have a line of solid color squares that are their own private label which are pretty nice and can be $20 during a sale. I have a few of Kent's squares and, while I like the patterns very much, I don't like the small size he goes with.. tends to sink in the pocket a bit.
Guys - killer deal on these Loake Chukkas I'm selling over in B&S - cleaning things out and they gotta go: http://www.styleforum.net/t/345390/drop-loake-chukka-boot
Inco sizing can be tricky at first. Here's a few reasons why: - They are generally sized accurately instead of the usual "vanity sizing" that dominates the US market. Vanity sizing is usually 2 sizes smaller than your real waist (e.g. if you are a 36 you buy 34s). - They are Euro sized (e.g. a 36 is marked a 52; 34 is a 50, etc.) - They make them in Romania, Portugal, and - these seem harder to find and may only be the upper end lines - in Italy. Fit can vary a bit by...
Brand new without tags knit tie in staple burgundy by Daniel Cremieux. 58" long x 2.75" wide, great hand - the silk is crunchy to the touch. The tie has not been worn..hang tag strings still intact. $35 shipped priority CONUS. UPDATE: Navy Tie Sold
Very cool dark slate gray knit tie with waffle weave texture and pointed (as opposed to felt) end. 100% crunchy silk, this is a Donna Karan Black Label (highest line) model that is made in Italy that is very similar to the knit ties Tom Ford is selling these days. Standard length of 58" long and 2.75" at the widest point. Detail shot of labels is accurate representation of both color and fabric weave/texture. Nice alternative to standard square end knits, the tie is in...
Very cool dark slate gray knit tie with waffle weave texture and pointed (as opposed to felt) end. 100% crunchy silk, this is a Donna Karan Black Label (highest line) model that is made in Italy that is very similar to the knit ties Tom Ford is selling these days. Standard length of 58" long and 2.75" at the widest point. Detail shot of labels is accurate representation of both color and fabric weave/texture. Nice alternative to standard square end knits, the tie is in...
Classic Carroll & Company hand-made dark brown "garza fina" grenadine tie - this is the finer, more densely woven of the two grenadine fabrics. Second shot of keeper shows accurately color and fabric detail. Classic 58" length, 3 5/8" at widest point, it is in perfect shape - no snags, creases, or imperfections of any kind...basically as new. Great piece - goes with everything. FYI: C&C is a Beverly Hills men's shop that has been around since the late 40s and is...
Just to clarify - when I say "frosty" I meant it came across as a dismissive coldness, like they were doing me a favor just by looking my way. Not one person asked if I needed any help or even said hello. Now, if I had showed up in oversized cargo shorts, an XXL Jets jersey, some Velcro sneakers and orange mirrored sunglasses I guess I could see being dissed in a place like that. But I had just come from several meetings and was wearing an Isaia suit, C&J Audleys, a solid...
Quick business trip to NYC let me with a rare 3-hour window of downtime before heading to the airport and back West so I made a run through the midtown menswear corridor. Here's the highlight reel: C&J: My first trip here. I had done business with them when they had the old shop above T&A (in both NYC and LA) and in London, so I was interested in what the standalone act was going to be like. A quick search will show a lot of beefs from other members over service/attitude...