or Connect

Posts by Spark

Recent Brooks loafers in brown. These are pair of AE Randolphs that Brooks rebadged and currently sells for $318 (please see link below). Classic shape in a lovely dark brown color, sole has factory installed topy, so great for wet weather, from slacks to denim they go with just about everything in your closet. Almost new...Worn about 6-8 times max. Always stored with trees and in perfect condition. Fit-wise, these are a 10.5 E in real life. I'm mentioning that...
I got this jacket as a gift last year and have worn it maybe 3-4 times. Pretty sweet Polartec Windblock fabric, well cut (not oversized) usual bomber Patagucci build quality and lifetime guarantee so its hard to go wrong. Sizewise, I am 6'0/ 185 with a 44 chest and 34.5 waist and can wear it solo or with a fleece underneath and it is neither baggy or binding Catch for me is that I already have an Arc'teryx AR that is pretty much the same thing but a tad more robust (e.g....
Gbg - Many thanks for this. I know that there will often be tweaks to certain lasts when offered in different fittings such as an E or an F and a G. The length differential may be minimal, but the extra volume in the same size (e.g. 10) shoe will add a huge amount of material in the vamp, causing creasing and folds right from the start. This is true of the 026, hence my Q. Thanks again for the insight!
Funny, but I am having anything but a good experience with their customer service. I have sent multiple email queries asking about a sizing issue with absolutely zero response so far. That said, maybe someone here has an insight on this… I am interested in purchasing a pair of Herring's Langdale boots in a G fitting, but need some advice on sizing. I am a US 10.5 or 11, depending upon the last. In C&Js, the 337, 325, 341, and 240 lasts fit well in a UK10. I also have a...
I have a couple of pairs of Loakes on the 026 and calculating the fit depends on the width fitting. In a G fit you should go down a full size; if it is an F, then just drop 1/2 a size. If you poke around the Pediwear site there is a detailed listing of all the fitting nuances of all the Loake lasts that you should find helpful.
Just doing some seasonal closet cleaning and I have an Isaia SC that doesn't get much play in the rotation. It's a 2 button in a 42R, model “Cliff G”, soft shoulders with very light padding, fully canvassed, twin vents, flapped pockets, non-working buttons on sleeves for easy adjustment..all the usual Isaia goodness. Note: Label says 52 but please check measurements. I generally wear a 44 in Isaia and this fits me fine. Please check the measurements below Taupe base...
If you're on the West Coast, then the Rack or Off 5h are good bets. Also look at Nordstrom mainline stores - they have a line of solid color squares that are their own private label which are pretty nice and can be $20 during a sale. I have a few of Kent's squares and, while I like the patterns very much, I don't like the small size he goes with.. tends to sink in the pocket a bit.
Guys - killer deal on these Loake Chukkas I'm selling over in B&S - cleaning things out and they gotta go: http://www.styleforum.net/t/345390/drop-loake-chukka-boot
Inco sizing can be tricky at first. Here's a few reasons why: - They are generally sized accurately instead of the usual "vanity sizing" that dominates the US market. Vanity sizing is usually 2 sizes smaller than your real waist (e.g. if you are a 36 you buy 34s). - They are Euro sized (e.g. a 36 is marked a 52; 34 is a 50, etc.) - They make them in Romania, Portugal, and - these seem harder to find and may only be the upper end lines - in Italy. Fit can vary a bit by...
Brand new without tags knit tie in staple burgundy by Daniel Cremieux. 58" long x 2.75" wide, great hand - the silk is crunchy to the touch. The tie has not been worn..hang tag strings still intact. $35 shipped priority CONUS. UPDATE: Navy Tie Sold