or Connect

Posts by Spark

Does anyone here own one of these?
Just came across a deal on one of these online - measurements are spot on and price is right, but there isn't a lot of information on these. I called the flagship store in NYC, but they didn't have too much to say other than it was a "softer, thinly padded shoulder model that is much more like a classic Italian silhouette than our traditional models." Any thoughts on the cut, fit, shoulders, and style of this model?
Sorry - that's the lens on the camera. Jacket is clean
I have a fall/winter weight dark green wool Brioni sportscoat that I have found to be quite versatile. It came with dark grey MOP buttons that my tailor wanted to swap out for brass ones, making it a blazer. I waved him off, figuring that the metal buttons would really limit how it could be worn. Three years later I'm glad I didn't listen. Works with gray, taupe, tan slacks and khakis equally well. I've seen a lot of guys in Italy rock a green jacket, but agree that...
Zegna Navy Blazer in High Performance wool, Euro 54/US 44 but fits more like a slim US42. Pick stitching, 3-to-2 roll, double vents, brass basketweave buttons, softer shoulder than typical for Zegna. High Performance fabric is a very high-twist weave that resists wrinkling and the finish resembles a higher grade hopsack texture (see sleeve pic for best representation of material). Nice weight - could be used year-round, but breathes quite well and would be a great...
I've been wearing them all my life - used to buy the rejects out of big bins at their factory in Connecticut for something like $12 when I was in high school - and always think of them more as a slipper than a shoe. They are insanely comfortable and Sperry offers a wide fitting for those of us who aren't a standard D-width I think they go well with just about anything casual and the more beat up or brine soaked the better. Topsiders that get a lot of exposure to salt...
Might be Reggie Miller. His jackets always have a bit too much padding in the shoulders for my taste, but he is consistently well put together in a way that leaps off the screen compared to some of the 4 button rigs in crayola colors I see. Then again,if we are talking "unmade bed" category, it looks like a jump ball between Stan Van Gundy and Sir Charles....
I have found myself instinctively moving more towards solid ties over the past year, but generally seek out ones that are woven (Grenadines etc.) or of a heavy silk or even a wool/cashmere - something substantial that makes a nice, beefy knot - where the texture is the driving visual component. I'm not sure why, but my sense is that I have been trying to focus on toning down the overall presentation and emphasizing silhouette and a solid tie tends to help with...
I have a few of their shirts picked up on a similar sale a ways back and think they are a solid deal for the price -- not a Borelli or an Isaia shirt by any stretch, but much better than what you can find in a US department store for 3x the price. This is a great price for a solid workhorse shirt. The windsor spread collar has a good shape and is reasonably soft. In terms of shrinkage, the sleeves seem fine to me but the collars seem to consistently lose 1/2 inch. Size...
PM sent