or Connect

Posts by Spark

Here's an alternative that may be in your price range: http://www.hidesinshape.com/underarm_portfolios.html
The eyeglass industry is a marvel in marketing and markups -- cost of goods on most frames is usually around, or below, the $10 mark. But the industry is controlled by a few major players who private label everything, so there you go... Or, as a colleague once put it about a pair of Armani frames: "Six bucks for the frame and $394 for Giorgio's name." I only wear readers, but found some good deals on nice frames at:http://optometristattic.com They had a lot of...
Isaia Apple C&J Incotex Arcteryx DaKine Giro Caruso
I've been wearing the Outdoorsman model since the 80s and have seen it only in two sizes - 58 and 62 (also called small and large by retailers). I think there is a 52 out there, but it is only available in the models without the brow bar and they have the straight arms (as opposed to the wire curved arms on the Outdoorsman ones) You may want to look at eyesave.com - pretty good prices and range to compare.
Bullards taken....
I live in PDX and, if you are trying to figure out your exact size, would recommend just going to either Nordstrom's or Mario's downtown and having them fit you so you can get your size dialed in and them take it from there. I wouldn't buy at either as they are way, way overpriced for quality offered, but that's your call. Based on your measurements, you are probably looking at enlisting a tailor to do some major surgery on the pants as you have a 10" drop. This is very...
Can't go wrong - I have 4 pair: - Black - Brown Suede - Brown calf double monk - Brown suede double monk The funny thing is that while I rarely see other double monks, they are - hands down - the shoes I consistently get the most compliments from both men and women. And I have a pretty solid collection of handgrades...
Sure... Here is what they e-mailed me regarding shipping options: "we provide free shipping to USA via airmail parcel post and it takes 8-12 days to reach. A faster EMS Poslaju Courier costs a subsidized M$100-00 and takes 5-6 days. Please note that some credit card issuers may charge 3% - 4% on top of that amount." I wasn't in a rush, so I went with the free option - took about a week to reach the West Coast. Other points to note: "Insurance: As a safeguard,...
Wow...makes me feel very lucky I got off my ass and snagged those brown Audleys a few weeks ago. Great service, great shoes, quick shipping and, at $445 total to my front door, makes me wonder if I shouldn't try to order some more before the doors close...
Alternative would be C&J Audleys from PLAL at $440 delivered. Very hard to beat for a classic cap toe, IMHO