or Connect

Posts by Spark

Orlando Knit sports coat in heavyweight jersey material EU/52 - fits a slim 42R, please see measurements below. Has more structure than a sweater, but still has a bit of stretch to it. This is a cool piece that I picked up from another member and it is just a fraction too small for me. Great neutral color for versatility, wonderful casual piece. Soft shoulders, peak lapels, double vents, working buttonholes. Selling for what I paid - $50. Measurements: Shoulder\t...
All items include shipping with PayPal personal payment. Measurements taken according to A. Harris method. Everything but knit coat is unaltered and NWT. PM me for more pics... JACKETS NWT Canali Sports Coat - EU 54L which measures to a US 42L. Perfect for Spring /Summer! Canali mainline jacket, wheat color with faint blue overplaid - very subtle appears almost solid from a distance- sleeves still basted, double vents, fully canvassed, all tags still attached, all...
Hey Ben - I stand corrected as I have a cary model and it does have slightly stronger, or perhaps more accurately "extended" shoulders, than the Scotts, Stewarts, Base S or V I have. Funny, but it is not exactly more padded than my other Isaias, but it is definitely more "shaped" - is this how you would describe the shoulder in your suits? And not to derail the tread, but I just came across a Carlyle model from the now defunct Enrico Isaia handmade line. Assuming...
Not to diss Ben - I've bought from him and would only sing praises and admire this effort - but I find the claim of this being a derivative of Isaia's Scott model a bit baffling. The shoulders alone in the pics shown are more Canali/Zegna than almost anything Isaia has out there.
I picked up a copy this AM while grabbing a book for my next flight. Compared to the past issues, a "meh" rating would be generous. Some sections - the, ahem, "adventure" spreads, for example - were just silly and poorly executed. Unless you tend to pack a machete on a regular basis, that is. There's a fair amount of travel stuff in it, so I was surprised to learn that I have actually been flying 100+k/a year without a $450 cashmere eyeshade - imagine! But the real...
I have the Brooks in black ( one of my 2 black shoes), it is C&J on the 240 last which is a bit wider. I also have the Audley in brown. There is no comparison in terms of the elegance of the last and the quality of the leather - Audley +100.
I have a fair amount of Isaia in rotation - S,V, Stuart, Sirio,Cary, etc. - and have am a big fan of the silhouettes, fabrics, and details. I've tried on the collarossos and was quite surprised at how much I didn't like them - the details were nice and the fabric was great and, honestly, they looked great on the hanger, but they just didn't look good on me. Not sure what it was with the cut, but it was decidedly meh.. Although I don't own any, my take was the last...
I have that same Canali nailhead and it has a much softer shoulder than what they usually offer -- looks almost solid from a distance, has great texture, and always draws compliments. Someone's going to get a great deal!
I generally wear very soft shoulers and have reached a point where I look for jackets with minimal padding, but I do have a few jackets with more structure and/or padding in the rotation. The only thing I have that is truly roped is an Isaia Base V, but it is subtle (still very different than Base S or older Stuarts, Sirio, etc. models). The jacket is very slim and there is not all that much padding in the shoulder itself, but definitely a very small amount of wadding...
What's the sleeve length on the H&H shirts?