Posts by Spark

Gianluca Isaia (the 1/2 canvassed diffusion line) summer-weight sports coat in a lovely light wheat colored herringbone fabric that my tailor droolled over. Partially lined, three patch pockets in including a barchetta breast pocket, horn buttons, dual vents, standard cuffs for easy alteration. Color on full shot is too dark; detail by label is much more accurate This is the only non-mainline Isaia I have ever bought, but there's a reason for that - the material and...
Fall/Winter weight sports coat from Isaia in a stunning green heather tweed with maroon and brown overcheck in a 90%wool/10% cashmere fabric. Sirio model, so just butloads of handiwork - far more than the red label Isaia's everyone here knows and loves. Soft shoulders, 3/2 roll, horn buttons, fully canvassed, and jetted pockets - a rarity on Isaias. Worn less than a 1/2 dozen times. Tagged as a EU56 - US46 but, once again, the randomness of Isaia's model sizing has this...
Gorgeous Isaia two button sports coat with 3 patch pockets, including barchetta breast pocket, and beautiful horn buttons. Scott model with very soft rounded shoulders in a distinctive mid gray Donnegal tweed with colored flecks (full length pic is too dark; detail of fabric is closer to real color). Marked as a "52/EU - 42/US but, as typical with Isaia's random sizing, fits closer to a standard 44.Please use measurements below as guide: Deets: Shoulders: 19.5" Chest: ...
Although they are harder to find than the standard flapped pocket design, Isaia made versions of the older Scott, Maxim, Stewart, and Base S models with patch pockets, including lovely barchetta breast pockets. I have a bunch of these and find that the patch pocket adds a more informal touch that is fine for an "odd" jacket - not that anyone off of SF would ever notice though. They also made some of the diffusion, 1/2 canvassed line - the Gianluca Isaia blue label rigs -...
Hi - can you please send measurements? Thanks in advance, Tom
Although I have no idea what a tailor would charge, I might look at the Polo version of this before I commissioned one. While it does not have a wrap-around belt (just a martingale), it has every other bell or whistle you can imagine...including a set of peak lapels so big you can probably land a harrier jump jet on them. I have one and it is truly an astonishingly badass piece of haberdashery. But these coats are not small or lightweight and you'd have to live in a...
I've got 4 of these rigs: 1) Isaia 150s in the "old" Base S cut - zippo padding in the softly rounded shoulders (probably closer to the Scott model rather than the Stewart), perfect 3/2 roll, flapped pockets, incredible drape, this thing just shimmers when you wear it. I swapped the horn buttons with some antiqued brass shank numbers that are very discreet... a burnished metallic brown. This is my "dress" blazer - with a dark pair of gray slacks it comes across as quite...
Since we just touched March and I have already flown 60+K miles in 2016, I have a few well-tested thoughts on this subject: If you are a heavy duty traveler, luggage is a tool. It needs to be practical, rugged, adaptable, low/no maintenance, weather resistant, a reasonable weight, and - ideally - good looking. Look at any road warrior and, I can assure you, "leather" is not a material you will be seeing. Ever. It's an utter fail in most of the baseline requirements...
Thanks for asking: Saphir polish I have used is dark brown. Regarding the soles, that's a Q for the fine folks in Northampton as that is the way they came. I thought it unusual and a nice alternative to the other Danite-soled shoes I already owned.
Hi! Could you take a sec and shoot me the outsole measurements on these beauties? Length and widest at forefoot? Thanks in advance, Tom