or Connect

Posts by Spark

Ferguscan - what size are you in your "regular" shoes?
Ahh, the H-width mystery continues! I am not too worried about the "clunk" factor as I will be wearing them as casual shoes so the "comfort" part of the equation is appealing. Plus, it rains a bit here in the Pacific NW so the weatherproof sole is welcome. I was going to go for the Gs as that is close to what I normally take in a regular shoe and I figured my trusty stretcher would do the rest. But all this talk about a cramped toe box has me hesitating and...
Measurements? The OP claimed that they were different widths, but had the same width measurement - that would be a first, no?
Can someone tell me (in inches) how wide a 10H outsole is? I have found that a 10G is 4 3/8" wide and 12.5 long, but can't seem to find the measurements for an H. I know that i will take a 10 in RMW length-wise, but I have had to stretch the G fitting on a pair of suede Loake beaters to accommodate my left foot. I am looking at a pair of Comfort Craftsmans for the winter and, given all the talk about the narrowness of the toe due to the extra insole, I am just...
All: Please note updated measurements posted above. Upon taking them this AM I realized what the problem was for me -- upper thighs are too slim; everything else works. FWIW, I am a standard 34 waist but always have to "size up" to a 35/36 in Incos or other "slim cut" pants. These fit fine in the waist (and could even be taken in a bit), but the trimness in the thigh was the deal breaker. Pity as they are quite nice. And my thanks to Rob and Grayland for the...
Put aside the fact that it's built on a swamp and has the climate ( and local politics to match), DC = JAB Outlet festival minus tailors.
I'm no fan of AE, but I have a pair of the brown Moras that I scored for $85 -- I figured what the hell and it was worth it. As many have noted, they are much, much nicer in person than in photos and some good polish really helps. That said, this last is very odd -- overly wide and long whereas most lasts are usually one or the other. I am a solid 10.5 EE/US or 10/E/F/FX UK (depending upon last/maker) and can even be a US 10.5 EEE/US in some lasts. I originally ...
Great coat; great price... can't go wrong on this one. That said, I have one and love it but just a heads up - these do run a bit smaller than size indicates if you want to layer anything under it.
Apologies for not addressing the the Re: Used Q? I never wore them except to try for fit and, judging by the looks, I 'd say IF they were worn, might have been 2, maybe 3 times max. When I received them my impression was "Sweet - properly cuffed but as new!" My comments RE: Slim Cut above are made under an attempt at full disclosure so someone doesn't have to cycle through this again.
They were hemmed before I purchased them - length indicated in OP. I'll take measurements and post in the AM but, ballpark-wise, they are slimmest Incotex slim. Hope this helps...