or Connect

Posts by Spark

Can't go wrong - I have 4 pair: - Black - Brown Suede - Brown calf double monk - Brown suede double monk The funny thing is that while I rarely see other double monks, they are - hands down - the shoes I consistently get the most compliments from both men and women. And I have a pretty solid collection of handgrades...
Sure... Here is what they e-mailed me regarding shipping options: "we provide free shipping to USA via airmail parcel post and it takes 8-12 days to reach. A faster EMS Poslaju Courier costs a subsidized M$100-00 and takes 5-6 days. Please note that some credit card issuers may charge 3% - 4% on top of that amount." I wasn't in a rush, so I went with the free option - took about a week to reach the West Coast. Other points to note: "Insurance: As a safeguard,...
Wow...makes me feel very lucky I got off my ass and snagged those brown Audleys a few weeks ago. Great service, great shoes, quick shipping and, at $445 total to my front door, makes me wonder if I shouldn't try to order some more before the doors close...
Alternative would be C&J Audleys from PLAL at $440 delivered. Very hard to beat for a classic cap toe, IMHO
Much of the Marais has been overrun with boutiques and bars since I lived there in the 80s, but if you head over to the old section by the river known as the Village St. Paul you can find some really great spots and an astonishing village-like vibe for the heart of the city. Be sure to check out the Ducrocq Georges cafe near the corner of rue Charles V and rue du Petit Music -- it's the real deal in terms of a genuine French cafe...the kind that is harder and harder to...
The most common of all - pants that are at least 3" too long...usually seen pooling around black, rubber soled shoes
I've got 5 or 6 pairs of C&Js and just use the cedar tress from Nordstrom rack at $10/pop. Seem to work absolutely fine.
You may find this thread helpful: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=2414285 FWIW, I have wide feet as well and just got a pair of Audleys from PLAL. Sized down only 1/2 instead of the usual whole size and, even though I will have to stretch the width on the left one a bit, the fit is great -- actually makes my feet look sleek! Good luck!
I have a 100% cashmere overcoat and it has held up absolutely fine. Even if you wear it a lot, it is still a seasonal piece as opposed to a year-round staple. Mine is probably 8 years old and you can't tell that it has a lot of miles on it. Beyond that, the big advantage of a cashmere coat is the warmth and relatively light weight ratio compared to a full wool rig.
Mine's 1962 MKII and, strangely enough for a British car of any age, it's stunningly reliable....