or Connect

Posts by Spark

I have found myself instinctively moving more towards solid ties over the past year, but generally seek out ones that are woven (Grenadines etc.) or of a heavy silk or even a wool/cashmere - something substantial that makes a nice, beefy knot - where the texture is the driving visual component. I'm not sure why, but my sense is that I have been trying to focus on toning down the overall presentation and emphasizing silhouette and a solid tie tends to help with...
I have a few of their shirts picked up on a similar sale a ways back and think they are a solid deal for the price -- not a Borelli or an Isaia shirt by any stretch, but much better than what you can find in a US department store for 3x the price. This is a great price for a solid workhorse shirt. The windsor spread collar has a good shape and is reasonably soft. In terms of shrinkage, the sleeves seem fine to me but the collars seem to consistently lose 1/2 inch. Size...
PM sent
There are always a ton of HF suits and SCs at Nordstrom Rack where the first round of pricing will be $500ish for a suit and $350ish for a SC. The staple solids always disappear first, but if stuff lingers or gets sold and then returned, then prices drop considerably - 35% + off the first reduction. Some of the fabrics are nice, they seem well-made and I've seen more double vented models recently, but they all have way too much shoulder padding for me. Definitely more...
I think the Rack is like most of the other places we bottom feed - 95% junk and 5% gems that the typical shopper doesn't even recognize. That just means that you need to swing through whenever you're in the area and check what's in stock without expectation but ready to drop some coin if opportunity strikes. What I do like about them is that they have a pretty bombproof 30-day return policy, so it's always easy to buy something you might be on the fence about and just...
Sleeve length? Also. How much padding in the shoulders?
Brown suede penny loafers or brown suede chukkas. They both go off/on easy for security, can handle a fair amount of walking, don't require polishing, and are very versatile in terms of matching with everything from dark jeans to slacks.
The Scott was the best cut Isaia made -- a truly subtle knockout. Pity it's not my size!
Not sure if it's a joke, but it is aptly named...
Gianluca Napoli is a blue label - black label stuff is about 3 years+ old, but is the mainline product with all the details but available in multiple body/shoulder models such as Stuart, Cary, Sirio, Gregory, etc.