or Connect

Posts by Spark

Iconic Nau Riding Jacket/blazer in “caviar” – a very, very dark gray with a matte finish to the material. Classic 3-roll-2 button sports coat design, with extra button under lapel to close in inclement weather. Two hand pockets in classic (slightly angled) hacking design, zip breast pocket and inside wallet pocket. Two working buttons at cuff, single vent at rear, and zero padding in shoulders. Unlined except in shoulders and sleeves Made of recycled polyester with a DWR...
Gray tropical for summer; gray flannel for fall/winter. Goes with everything. Done. Steam them in the hotel shower after unpacking and you are good to go. I have a few pair of the HYs and they are a great value, especially on sale. I just picked up a pair of the mid-gray D-Ring flannels and they are lovely. Majority of my trousers are incotex and I swear by them. More comfortable than my jeans. Most i scored on B&S during the heyday of the Daffy's dumps at a fraction of...
Given how much anyone really wears a tux over the course of a year, eBay is definitely the call here. You have to hunt a bit, but I think the supply is generally good as many tuxes get bought with great intentions, then are used only a few times and get dumped. As long as you know your measurements and the quality levels of respective makers/brands, it's pretty hard to go wrong. Case in Point: I needed one two years ago only to realize that all that time in the gym had...
Nau Courier Wind Shirt in their “Fossil” (a slate gray) color. Great technical urban crossover piece that can be worn anywhere and is a killer travel basic. You can ball it up in your hand and it pops out unwrinkled – perfect lightweight jacket for fending off wind and rain. Size Large. Four-way stretch fabric with welded/taped seams and a DWR waterproof /windproof exterior. One zip/flapped chest pocket, zip front with snaps top and bottom, 3-snap cuff at sleeve and...
Medium Nau Shroud of Purrin Hoody softshell in their “Lodge” color ( a cool matte brown). Killer technical jacket that works well as an high performance/low key urban outerlayer. Two-way stretch fabric that’s win/water resistant, breathable, and lined in chest, back, and arms with light fleece lining for some extra warmth. Waterproof hood with adjusters. Side pockets with zips, interior zip pocket, cool zip stash pocket on left sleeve by Velcro cuff. Cool, versatile...
I have a 10 year old pair of the C&J Peals identical to JRD617's, but with double leather soles instead of the Danites. On the more casual end of the spectrum compared to the EGs, but insanely comfortable and hard wearing - I'm a big fan of that 325 last. Easily in my top 3 of the causal shoe rotation and, if and when the soles ever go, I'll throw some Danites on from BNelson.
As new Isaia spring/summer sports coat in their Aquachino fabric - a luxe, soft to the hand blend of 85% cotton and 15% silk that is double-faced: tan on the exterior and a very light green in the interior. Color is a classic khaki. This is from the Argento line - part of mainline Isaia that is probably their most Neapolitan cut. Model is Rover G, zero padding in shoulders, unlined except for shoulders and sleeves. Three patch pockets (barchetta chest pocket), lovely...
I am a 10.5 EE/EEE as well and have a couple pair of chukkas on the Loake 026 in a G fitting - they are the Kemptons..one in brown suede the other in navy suede. You should go with a 9.5/G. The 026 is a bit odd in the way it is sized between the F and G fits. If it was an F, you'd take a 10 but the G fitting has a lot more volume and the 9.5 works perfectly.
This is a no brainer: Loake all the way. I have the Kemptons in suede and they are incredibly versatile. I wear them with jeans, chinos, dress slacks and they would not look out of place with a suit. They are the first shoes I generally reach for when traveling as they can be dressed up/down and require only a quick brushing for maintenance. Danite sole is both comfy, weatherproof, durable and not overly bulky. No matter what anyone says, rain/wet weather doesn't bother...
Gorgeous Polo Ralph Lauren alligator belt strap in dark brown with a matte finish. Very lightly used with no scuffs, tears, worn spots or blemishes of any kind. Only sign of wear is two very faint depressions on the inside of the belt where the buckle was clamped down. Otherwise in as new condition. Belt is 1" wide and 39" long. It is marked a 36, but this would be best for someone with a 32 or 34 waist. Please note that it does not come with a buckle and does not have...