or Connect

Posts by Spark

It has been worn very lightly - hence no NOWT listing - but is essentially new. Basically worn a few times and been hanging in the closet. I thought it would be in the regular rotation, but it hasn't made it (I have a few other vests) so time to go.
Slim fitting Classic Barbour Chelsea Sportsquilt model – their heavier quilted jacket from the Hacking Collection (not the flyweight version)– in black matte. Leather trim at cuffs, neck collar, and at nape of neck at the base of the collar. Two good sized snap side pockets plus one angled zip “ticket” pocket on right side and two large inside pockets in front for gloves, scarf etc. Light black fleece lining – jacket is surprisingly warm for its weight. I’d call it a...
Iconic Nau Riding Jacket/blazer in “caviar” – a very, very dark gray with a matte finish to the material. Classic 3-roll-2 button sports coat design, with extra button under lapel to close in inclement weather. Two hand pockets in classic (slightly angled) hacking design, zip breast pocket and inside wallet pocket. Two working buttons at cuff, single vent at rear, and zero padding in shoulders. Unlined except in shoulders and sleeves Made of recycled polyester with a DWR...
Slim fitting Classic Barbour Chelsea Sportsquilt model – their heavier quilted jacket from the Hacking Collection (not the flyweight version)– in black matte. Leather trim at cuffs, neck collar, and at nape of neck at the base of the collar. Two good sized snap side pockets plus one angled zip “ticket” pocket on right side and two large inside pockets in front for gloves, scarf etc. Light black fleece lining – jacket is surprisingly warm for its weight. I’d call it a...
Terrific layering or outerwear piece – Polo quilted vest in classic navy. Great details: Brown corduroy lines collar and edging on snapped on throat latch, inside chest pocket, and side pockets, brass two-way zipper on front and pockets, brass snaps on front (over zipper), chest pocket, waist tabs, and two rear vents. Side pockets lined in moleskin, inside chest pocket. This is from the 2013 collection. I looked at a number of quilted vests and this was – hands down – the...
Iconic Nau Riding Jacket/blazer in “caviar” – a very, very dark gray with a matte finish to the material. Classic 3-roll-2 button sports coat design, with extra button under lapel to close in inclement weather. Two hand pockets in classic (slightly angled) hacking design, zip breast pocket and inside wallet pocket. Two working buttons at cuff, single vent at rear, and zero padding in shoulders. Unlined except in shoulders and sleeves Made of recycled polyester with a DWR...
Gray tropical for summer; gray flannel for fall/winter. Goes with everything. Done. Steam them in the hotel shower after unpacking and you are good to go. I have a few pair of the HYs and they are a great value, especially on sale. I just picked up a pair of the mid-gray D-Ring flannels and they are lovely. Majority of my trousers are incotex and I swear by them. More comfortable than my jeans. Most i scored on B&S during the heyday of the Daffy's dumps at a fraction of...
Given how much anyone really wears a tux over the course of a year, eBay is definitely the call here. You have to hunt a bit, but I think the supply is generally good as many tuxes get bought with great intentions, then are used only a few times and get dumped. As long as you know your measurements and the quality levels of respective makers/brands, it's pretty hard to go wrong. Case in Point: I needed one two years ago only to realize that all that time in the gym had...
Nau Courier Wind Shirt in their “Fossil” (a slate gray) color. Great technical urban crossover piece that can be worn anywhere and is a killer travel basic. You can ball it up in your hand and it pops out unwrinkled – perfect lightweight jacket for fending off wind and rain. Size Large. Four-way stretch fabric with welded/taped seams and a DWR waterproof /windproof exterior. One zip/flapped chest pocket, zip front with snaps top and bottom, 3-snap cuff at sleeve and...
Medium Nau Shroud of Purrin Hoody softshell in their “Lodge” color ( a cool matte brown). Killer technical jacket that works well as an high performance/low key urban outerlayer. Two-way stretch fabric that’s win/water resistant, breathable, and lined in chest, back, and arms with light fleece lining for some extra warmth. Waterproof hood with adjusters. Side pockets with zips, interior zip pocket, cool zip stash pocket on left sleeve by Velcro cuff. Cool, versatile...