or Connect

Posts by Spark

This is a pretty big step backwards for the GUI - very cluttered, small type hard to read, last post column is visually/functionally irrelevant, repeating sponsor calloiuts unnecessary on subpages (although the bigger play on the landing page is an improvement in the value for them). Overall the page reminds me of the color blindness test at the the DMV - no sense of visual hierarchy and the eye doesn't know where to land. Previous version was extremely klugy in terms of...
You can get it done, but not likely at that price point. From what I've seen, I think $150 is more reasonable...
Hmmm... just took a cruise through. Nicely laid out, but the merch is surprisingly generic - I didn't see one thing I hadn't seen before and couldn't get somewhere else .. and usually for less.
SAs have some discretion on the way the sale's discounts are applied. I stopped by yesterday to pick up a tux shirt, but found that it was only subject to some complex, unadvertised "shirt sale algorithm" which was something like buy 1 = regular price; buy 2 get 25% off; buy 4 get 40% off. I didn't need 4 tux shirts or even three other shirts, so I figured I was SOL because I had to get one for an event next week. But the SA - who recognized me from other visits -...
I'd look on FleaBay and just be picky - I just scored a mainline Canali super 120s tux (peak lapel, no vents, one button) in almost new shape (seemed virtually unworn) for $130 all in. Just had to hem the pants, adjust the sleeves and the waist (and add suspender buttons) and I was good to go. Then I looked on BroBro's sit for a new tux shirt and was stunned to see that I would have to shell out $135 for it!
I think one needs to be careful not to over-think the classics so, for me, it's Sperry's Topsider in brown. They wear like slippers, get a great patina over time, breathe surprisingly well with no socks, and last for years even with repeated exposure to salt water. Besides, if you're on a boat, you're usually "top side," eh?
Quote: Originally Posted by bourbonbasted I can't believe I forgot to mention this. It drives me insane. Having seen it happen even once is far too much. Who are these dudes and what are they thinking? I don't know what the Africans were thinking, but lots of Chinese from Mainland China do this to show off the brands of suits they bought. For them, the tag on the sleeve is a badge of honour for brand chasers. I think this practice is on the wane, though. Hey -...
I've been shopping at Brooks (NYC store @ 346) since I was in prep school. I've been out West for the last 25 years and they opened one locally about four years ago. I'll hit it on sales for the odd pair of Peals or a belt or tux shirt, and have found the service to be pleasant but consistently dismal. On no less than three occasions, they haven't had what I wanted in stock. Fine. They call around and order it, I pay and get free shipping. So far, so good. Then the...
How wide is it?
Drop!