or Connect

Posts by Spark

NWT Polo (Blue Label) Richmond quilted jacket, Black, Large. I picked this up at the end of last season and it turned out to be on the tight size of Large, so please note measurements below for accurate fit. Awesome jacket - tons of details: Corduroy collar and cuffs, removable collar keeper tag, antiqued snaps and front zipper, twin vents w/snaps, side tab adjusters, moleskin lined zippered pockets (2), plus breast snap pocket. I hung onto it on the hope that it would...
Classic fall staples - 95% wool/5% cashmere flannel pants in mid-gray. Wonderful hand, great construction, twin forward (English) pleats and 2" cuffs. These things go with everything, but I have switched to flat fronts for all my odd trousers, so my loss is your win. Measurements: Waist: 17. 5 (Plus 2") Inseam: 28.5 (+ 2" cuffs) Rise: 11.5" Leg Opening: 9.0 $50 shipped CONUS
DROP - NWT Polo (Blue Label) Richmond quilted jacket, Black, Large. I picked this up at the end of last season and it turned out to be on the tight size of Large, so please note measurements below for accurate fit. Awesome jacket - tons of details: Corduroy collar and cuffs, removable collar keeper tag, antiqued snaps and front zipper, twin vents w/snaps, side tab adjusters, moleskin lined zippered pockets (2), plus breast snap pocket. I hung onto it on the hope that...
Just a thought on the C&Js - those Mertons are sweet, but the 348 is a very narrow last and the toe box is very pinched. I tried a pair on in the Jerymn street store and it was like being foot bound. If you have a wide foot, the 325, 240, and maybe the 341 lasts in the bench grade line are the models that will work the best. The first two have more of a classic rounded toe. The handgrades generally use the 337, which is considerably wider last and works well for wide...
Those AEs are much, much nicer than they appear in that shot. In true AE fashion, they are discontinuing it... You can also score them through one of the outlets - just google then call - for something like $120 shipped from the place in WI. Note: the last runs long so you will have to size down at least 1/2 a size. I am a 10.5 EEE and I wound up going with a 9.5. Awesome shoe at a killer price. Good luck!
I have a Halliburton polycarb case and have been using it for a year. It is the newer, two-wheeled carry-on version - I went with that over the 4-wheeled one for fear that it would not fit in all the overheads out there, but my wife has the 4-wheeled version in both a cabin trolley and a 28" and loves them. Then again, I never check bags and she always does. I'm a consultant and on the road quite a bit. These things are flexier than you think when it comes to stuffing...
I picked up a Barbour Chelsea late last year in the UK - great jacket, but I sized up as the fit is rather slim (I am an L and got an XL) and it fits great. Weight is a bit heavier, so I would consider more of a late fall/winter coat. Prior to that, I got a Polo Richmond in black on sale at the end of the season. It is a bit shorter and lighter, so probably more of a casual or weekend jacket, but there are tons of details, construction is top notch, and I really dug it....
Black face - if only for the historical reference. If it is your first PAM, you are better off going for one of the "base" models - cleaner and classic than the later ones with all of the subdials or GMT variations You didn't make it clear whether you were looking at a Luminor or a Radiomir, but you should think about how/where you are going to wear it as the Luminor at 44mm is a much bulkier watch and is more sporting in design. The Radiomir (210 or 183) - even though...
I'd look for Incotex on B&S or eBay. Cottons at around $50; Wool between $75/100 (staple colors might be higher). Just make sure you know your real waist size, not the traditional American "vanity" sizing, and be sure to check leg/thigh measurements to avoid the super skinny cuts. There have been a ton of Mabitex on B&S lately, but they seem to have a much lower rise than the Incos I have if that is an issue for you.
Last few months have been good: Isaia Navy Blue 150s suit = $300 Canali Tux (mainline, peak lapel) $130 AE Brown Moras = $89 AE Suede Moras = $120 (normally not an AE fan, but 2 pair of dubmonks for $200ish is hard to beat) Kiton Tie 7fold = $30 Altea Gray cashmere tie = $20 2 Isaia SCs = $150 each Grey wool Incotex = $50 Cashmere scarf = $40 (marked down from $250) Handmade cashmere lined gloves = $27 (down from $300) Barbour Chelsea Jacket = $80