or Connect

Posts by Spark

Brand new in box, unworn (stickers still on unmarked soles) lovely chocolate suede Earlham semi-brouge from Loake. These are a UK 9.5/ G fitting, which translates to a US 10.5/EEE. Goodyear welted with a nice brogue pattern on the cap toe, leather sole and rubber heel. These are from 1880 line (Loake's best) and were private labeled for Charles Trywhitt. Outsole measurements: Length: 12" Width; 4.25" Received as a gift, but I already have a pair of C&Js that is too...
BTW - just saw the reference in your post - I wear New Balance 11/4Es in running shoes if that helps.
It is a true G - wide, but with considerable volume. I am a "large" 10.5/11 EE/EEE (depending upon the last) and I have to size down a full size (to 9.5/UK) and then put in a thin insole in these to take up some room. By comparison, I take a 10G or a wide-lasted E/F/UK in almost every other shoe and never have to add the insole. As mentioned above, I have several pair in suede - Navy with a danite sole and a pair of brown with a brown crepe sole - and just ordered...
PSA: Just found a place that sells Loake Kemptons in the G fitting - these are on the 026 last and very, very hard to find in that width…when I was trying to run a pair down Pediwear insisted that Loake didn't even make them. In the past I have bought them from Trywhitt on sale, so I think they were a special make up for their private label. Great looking Chukka, plenty roomy, size down a full size from your regular and it will be perfect. pPlus these folks are very...
RE: the Brooks Algonquins above. These babies ARE wide. I have the same pair in a 10.5 E with the double leather sole and they are insanely comfortable for someone with EE/EEE hoofs. While I can't say what the delta is between a D and an E here, the 325 is a great last for guys like us. Size wise I take a UK 10 and I am on the big side of a 10.5.
It has been worn very lightly - hence no NOWT listing - but is essentially new. Basically worn a few times and been hanging in the closet. I thought it would be in the regular rotation, but it hasn't made it (I have a few other vests) so time to go.
Slim fitting Classic Barbour Chelsea Sportsquilt model – their heavier quilted jacket from the Hacking Collection (not the flyweight version)– in black matte. Leather trim at cuffs, neck collar, and at nape of neck at the base of the collar. Two good sized snap side pockets plus one angled zip “ticket” pocket on right side and two large inside pockets in front for gloves, scarf etc. Light black fleece lining – jacket is surprisingly warm for its weight. I’d call it a...
Iconic Nau Riding Jacket/blazer in “caviar” – a very, very dark gray with a matte finish to the material. Classic 3-roll-2 button sports coat design, with extra button under lapel to close in inclement weather. Two hand pockets in classic (slightly angled) hacking design, zip breast pocket and inside wallet pocket. Two working buttons at cuff, single vent at rear, and zero padding in shoulders. Unlined except in shoulders and sleeves Made of recycled polyester with a DWR...
Slim fitting Classic Barbour Chelsea Sportsquilt model – their heavier quilted jacket from the Hacking Collection (not the flyweight version)– in black matte. Leather trim at cuffs, neck collar, and at nape of neck at the base of the collar. Two good sized snap side pockets plus one angled zip “ticket” pocket on right side and two large inside pockets in front for gloves, scarf etc. Light black fleece lining – jacket is surprisingly warm for its weight. I’d call it a...
Terrific layering or outerwear piece – Polo quilted vest in classic navy. Great details: Brown corduroy lines collar and edging on snapped on throat latch, inside chest pocket, and side pockets, brass two-way zipper on front and pockets, brass snaps on front (over zipper), chest pocket, waist tabs, and two rear vents. Side pockets lined in moleskin, inside chest pocket. This is from the 2013 collection. I looked at a number of quilted vests and this was – hands down – the...