or Connect

Posts by Spark

Here's a pair of all-time staple Crockett & Jones bench grades for the Brooks Brothers Peale line. Lasted on the 240 (runs a bit wide) and marked US 11 (UK/10), they offer a classic English round toe shape with a perforated captor detail in a classic dark brown. Very little wear: heels are flat with nails intact and the front has been topy'd (I live in the NW and it rains here), no creasing, always stored with shoes and treated with Saphir products. Classic gentlemen's...
Here's an absolutely classic pair of Crockett & Jones Grassmere derby's with a rare factory crepe sole in a UK 10 or a US11. Scotch grain leather uppers on the comfy 325 last, they make an excellent walking shoe that goes great with chinos, jeans, you name it. In wonderful shape: Very little wear on either soles or uppers, always stored with trees, and polished using Saphir products. Things to note: - These are more of a chestnut brown than the typical "orangish" color...
I'm a C-level exec who travels three weeks a month for work both domestically and internationally, never check bags, and generally carry what you are describing. I have been using a 2-wheeled Halliburton Zeroroller in polycatbonate (rather than aluminum) for the last 5 years and it has been stellar. Even though it is a "hard" case the material has quite a bit of give so you can stuff it when needed. Although I see the advantages of a 4-wheeled model, it either adds...
Sorry - Judy checked and it's the wider one in dark wood that I want ...
I can add two more to the list above: Maxim: (black label) I just found one of these in a beautiful fresco. Unlined, 3/2 roll, zero padding, patch pockets, fairly open quarters, killer drape - truly badass. I have it in a sports coat and am unsure if it ever came in a suit. Sirio (Black & Enrico label) This one's a total curveball. I just bought it as new/old deadstock with all hang tags intact in a 120s+ mid-blue birdseye fabric that shimmers, but it is quite different...
IIRC, he wears Attolini. Those lapels certainly look like it. If he is selling suits, I have no idea who might make them - why don't you email his shop?
That suit is completely legit, as is most of the Isaia stuff on FleaBay. Only stuff I get suspect about is when you see some claim like "Isaia for______" as they have done several sub-brands over the years, but have never been very big on white labeling. Some of it is older (e.g. mainline pieces with black labels), some of it is used, and prices are all over the road. Classic staples - solid navy or charcoal suits - tend to run at higher prices like the suit you used as...
I'm 6' and have them cuffed at 2" - generally shoot for 8.5 hem width and no break. Proportionally, this works out great - clean and balanced.
Here's your recipe for success: 44R Charcoal solid in 4 season weight Side vents Two or three/two roll button stance 3" - 3.5" lapel Canvassed not fused Pants can be either pleated or flat front Cuff the pants A good alterations tailor Wide wooden hanger Good clothes brush from someone like Kent That said, your timeline and expectations both overlook the inevitable reality that your body will change over two decades. I think 10 years is probably more realistic, but if...
FWIW, about 90+% of my tailored clothing is Isaia. I have close to a 10" drop and it is the one brand that really works for me with minimal alterations. I have been wearing it almost exclusively for the last decade or so, own almost all of the models below and/or have tried on the others over the years. Here's a few thoughts: - Tagged sizing often makes no sense. I am a solid 54/EU (44/US) sizing and know my measurements well, yet I have 52s, 54s, and 56s all with close...