or Connect

Posts by Spark

Bridgens Update - bad news, boys… they arrived in an F fitting. I wrote and they have apologized saying that they assumed that they were a G "for years" due to the wider fit but alas…no Gs in the house. FWIW, they are a beautiful tobacco color - not the dark "mink" brown of my other pair. They are wider than normal, but not what my other pair are like. I would't use an insole with these so volume is lower. I will have to determine what a stretcher might be able to do and...
Lovely bottle green sports coat by Luciano Barbera Sartoriale. Versatile bottle green color makes a great alternative to a navy blazer. Soft shoulders, three patch pockets, rolling 3/2 button stance, sewn on cuff buttons for easy adjustment, double vents, year round fabric weight in a very fine hopsack weave. No size on tag, but measurements fit a 42 or maybe a very slim 44: Shoulders 19" BOC 32" Sleeves 24.5" (+1" underneath) $80 shipped CONUS
The only basis for comparison I can offer here is my NB size and that I take a 9.5/G in the Kemptons…based on that, a 10 sounds like the call here…but you are in the unique hell of buying previously unsized shoes over the interwebz, so… Sorry I can't be of more help. I think I may have mentioned it earlier in the thread, but Pediwear has a helpful guide to sizing Loake lasts. It recommends that you go down a full size from your standard size on the 026 due to the width...
Just listed a pair of BNIB chocolate suede semi-brouges in a G fitting: http://www.styleforum.net/t/387923/bnib-loake-wide-fitting-chocolate-suede-wide-fit
Brand new in box, unworn (stickers still on unmarked soles) lovely chocolate suede Earlham semi-brouge from Loake. These are a UK 9.5/ G fitting, which translates to a US 10.5/EEE. Goodyear welted with a nice brogue pattern on the cap toe, leather sole and rubber heel. These are from 1880 line (Loake's best) and were private labeled for Charles Trywhitt. Outsole measurements: Length: 12" Width; 4.25" Received as a gift, but I already have a pair of C&Js that is too...
BTW - just saw the reference in your post - I wear New Balance 11/4Es in running shoes if that helps.
It is a true G - wide, but with considerable volume. I am a "large" 10.5/11 EE/EEE (depending upon the last) and I have to size down a full size (to 9.5/UK) and then put in a thin insole in these to take up some room. By comparison, I take a 10G or a wide-lasted E/F/UK in almost every other shoe and never have to add the insole. As mentioned above, I have several pair in suede - Navy with a danite sole and a pair of brown with a brown crepe sole - and just ordered...
PSA: Just found a place that sells Loake Kemptons in the G fitting - these are on the 026 last and very, very hard to find in that width…when I was trying to run a pair down Pediwear insisted that Loake didn't even make them. In the past I have bought them from Trywhitt on sale, so I think they were a special make up for their private label. Great looking Chukka, plenty roomy, size down a full size from your regular and it will be perfect. pPlus these folks are very...
RE: the Brooks Algonquins above. These babies ARE wide. I have the same pair in a 10.5 E with the double leather sole and they are insanely comfortable for someone with EE/EEE hoofs. While I can't say what the delta is between a D and an E here, the 325 is a great last for guys like us. Size wise I take a UK 10 and I am on the big side of a 10.5.
It has been worn very lightly - hence no NOWT listing - but is essentially new. Basically worn a few times and been hanging in the closet. I thought it would be in the regular rotation, but it hasn't made it (I have a few other vests) so time to go.