or Connect

Posts by Spark

I've got a polo coat and pair a silk/wool navy dot scarf with it - contrasts in texture/color really work well. Alt combo is burgundy cashmere scarf
I've been using a 21" Halliburton poly zero roller as my carryon for the last 4 years. It's the two-wheeled version as I was afraid that the 4-roller would be to big for some overheads (Euro flights in particular). This is the bag I have (in silver): http://www.ebags.com/product/zero-halliburton/z-tex-polycarbonate-21-carry-on-2-wheel/226111T FWIW, I'm C-level in a global company and travel a "fair" amount, and this thing has been awesome. Lightweight and flexible enough...
Sad to hear. I got my first corporate job in 1984 and bought my first two real suits there. I can still remember them (a double breasted gray flannel and a navy two button) and the experience quite well…even when I went back to pick up the alterations. Then I went down the street to Brooks and bought some black and brown shoes. Every now and then they'd dump stock at Filene's Basement (the original one) and I got some great pieces over the next few years. Some of the...
I have this same suit, but in the more traditional Base S 2-button configuration (flapped besom pockets, no elbow patches). Fabric is really something - presents as solid from a few feet away but has amazing texture up close and the color is a wonderfully deep mid-gray. Great seller and killer price for this rig...
Of the three, the Tilford appear to fit you best and would likely need minor alterations to dial it in. Those Sammy models are quite nice - I've tried on a few and was impressed with both the quality and the cut for the price point. Not sure what is going on with that Zileri across the back. The combo of that and the arms looks like a major alteration bill. Zileri is often underrated here, but I have always though they offered a really well made garment that generally...
FWIW, Belvest's models are all over the road in terms of cuts due to the large amount of private labeling they do. There's no arguing with the quality and they are a bit of a "sleeper" brand for that reason, but I've seen jackets I'd wear in a heartbeat (soft and slim) and others I wouldn't be seen in (beefy shoulders and big bodies). If you can't try it on or know exactly what the tag is telling you in terms of the cuts, it sounds like a crap shoot at best. Based on...
Hi- Could you provide outsole measurements and what size you usually take? I think these will work and am interested in taking them. Thanks innadvance, Tom
Gorgeous suit and a great seller - if this was one size smaller you'd all be looking at a "SOLD" sign!
It does - double breasted, patch pockets, martingale 1/2 belt and a pair of peak lapels so big you could land a Harrier jump jet on them. Polo Blue Label made in Italy, so I am guessing Corneliani. Gorgeous, classic coat but outrageously priced at retail. And that was $250 shipped...
Take a look on ebay. I picked up a Polo camel hair polo coat (the one with the flapped breast pocket) a few months back for $250 - it had the tags on it and retailed for $1800...