or Connect

Posts by Spark

I'm 6' and have them cuffed at 2" - generally shoot for 8.5 hem width and no break. Proportionally, this works out great - clean and balanced.
Here's your recipe for success: 44R Charcoal solid in 4 season weight Side vents Two or three/two roll button stance 3" - 3.5" lapel Canvassed not fused Pants can be either pleated or flat front Cuff the pants A good alterations tailor Wide wooden hanger Good clothes brush from someone like Kent That said, your timeline and expectations both overlook the inevitable reality that your body will change over two decades. I think 10 years is probably more realistic, but if...
FWIW, about 90+% of my tailored clothing is Isaia. I have close to a 10" drop and it is the one brand that really works for me with minimal alterations. I have been wearing it almost exclusively for the last decade or so, own almost all of the models below and/or have tried on the others over the years. Here's a few thoughts: - Tagged sizing often makes no sense. I am a solid 54/EU (44/US) sizing and know my measurements well, yet I have 52s, 54s, and 56s all with close...
If you know your measurements, then Fleabay is the way to go. You'll have to get a good fix on what kind of coat and details you want and you will have to hunt a bit, but the deals are there and you will wind up with better quality and a lower price. Case in point: The other day I stumbled across a killer "cavalry officer's overcoat" from Corneliani for Polo that was amazing and only $250 and I bought my camel hair Polo coat from the bay (NWT retailing for $1800) for...
Just saw this and remembered it from the first time around… I'll take a swing - a blue odd jacket. If you live in a two-season climate, then two, one for warmth and one for the cold: 3 worsted 150s, hopsack, and linen with patch pockets -mid gray flannel pants: 3 pair, plus a pair of slightly lighter gray flannel jeans (surprisingly versatile!) and a pair in dark charcoal -decent, non-chino khakis: Yep, pile of incotexes in varying weights and shades of tan -at least...
C&J only goes up to a G and that's just in a few models. The 325 is one of their widest standard lasts in a non-G fitting
Second vote on the used Rolex Explorer route. Either the Explorer I or the II are the most "un-Rolex" watches in the lineup and are very versatile, easily going from jeans to the boardroom, and will hold value for a long time. I picked up a lightly used Explorer II a few years ago from a well-known seller on TimeZone. Had box, manual, papers everything and was around $3K - I thought it was brand new when I opened it. Rule of thumb in buying used is to "buy the buyer, not...
I don't have any H&K, but I do have a few of the others mentioned. Here's my take: H&H: Nice but uneven quality. I've got a couple of their recent butcher stripe shirts that are high quality fabric, reasonably well done pattern matching, and have the aforementioned lousy buttons but have sent back others that were - IMHO - pretty subpar versions in staple colors. Really seemed like shirts from two different companies. Normally I take a slim fit, but theirs was so...
I've got a polo coat and pair a silk/wool navy dot scarf with it - contrasts in texture/color really work well. Alt combo is burgundy cashmere scarf
I've been using a 21" Halliburton poly zero roller as my carryon for the last 4 years. It's the two-wheeled version as I was afraid that the 4-roller would be to big for some overheads (Euro flights in particular). This is the bag I have (in silver): http://www.ebags.com/product/zero-halliburton/z-tex-polycarbonate-21-carry-on-2-wheel/226111T FWIW, I'm C-level in a global company and travel a "fair" amount, and this thing has been awesome. Lightweight and flexible enough...