or Connect

Posts by Spark

It does - double breasted, patch pockets, martingale 1/2 belt and a pair of peak lapels so big you could land a Harrier jump jet on them. Polo Blue Label made in Italy, so I am guessing Corneliani. Gorgeous, classic coat but outrageously priced at retail. And that was $250 shipped...
Take a look on ebay. I picked up a Polo camel hair polo coat (the one with the flapped breast pocket) a few months back for $250 - it had the tags on it and retailed for $1800...
Big props for Gustin's customer service. After dicking around on sizing choices based on the fit of some old APCs, I ordered a pair of the heavyweights over the winter and was impressed when they showed up. Then I pulled em on and couldn't close the waist. I'm all for raw stuff stretching out, but this wasn't even close… I mean, we're talking a couple of inches that couldn't be bridged by the time-tested "suck it in fatty" methodology. Shot off an email and they climbed...
Nearly new/ lightly worn (+/- 10 times) pair of classic Chippewa Engineer Boots in black Size 10.5/EE. These are the shorter version, but have the double buckles, fully leather lined, protective steel toes, block heel with non-lug vibram sole that shows virtually no wear. Note on sizing: These guys tend to run narrow which is why I went with the wider version. They should be fine for a D or E width. Outsole measurements (note width of welting on sole): Length: 12...
Well, Bridgens didn't work out but I just scored these - same last in a G width - with the refund: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&shoeid=5251&colourid=2751&brandid=6 My first pair of Chelseas, but I'm surprised at how much I like them. Went with my regular size and the fit is terrific. Got them in suede, so I can't comment on the leather quality of the calf versions. I think they will be deep in the regular rotation once the fall rolls around As noted...
Another alternative on the same last is the Chelsea, but with options of two widths: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&shoeid=5251&colourid=2751&brandid=6 I recently bought them in suede, so can't comment on the leather but it's a great looking shoe. Herring's service was impressive - I had them on the US west coast in just over a week.
Hi, Can you shoot me the outsole measurements ion these when you get a chance? Thanks in advance, Tom
Sorry - got slammed with work and forgot to follow up… Bridgens was great. Got in touch directly and volunteered to cover all shipping costs etc. - was $60 to ship from West Coast to UK!
Bridgens Update - bad news, boys… they arrived in an F fitting. I wrote and they have apologized saying that they assumed that they were a G "for years" due to the wider fit but alas…no Gs in the house. FWIW, they are a beautiful tobacco color - not the dark "mink" brown of my other pair. They are wider than normal, but not what my other pair are like. I would't use an insole with these so volume is lower. I will have to determine what a stretcher might be able to do and...
Lovely bottle green sports coat by Luciano Barbera Sartoriale. Versatile bottle green color makes a great alternative to a navy blazer. Soft shoulders, three patch pockets, rolling 3/2 button stance, sewn on cuff buttons for easy adjustment, double vents, year round fabric weight in a very fine hopsack weave. No size on tag, but measurements fit a 42 or maybe a very slim 44: Shoulders 19" BOC 32" Sleeves 24.5" (+1" underneath) $80 shipped CONUS