or Connect

Posts by Britalian

In the centre, some wonderful value trattorie:Aldina - opp. covered market, first floor. Traditional Modenese. Family run. Very popular. Arrive before 12:30 or expect to wait. Lunch only, no bookings.Ermes - Modena institution. 51 years run by same guy. Small, informal, noisy, but fantastic. Ermes hosts, his wife cooks. No written menu. No bookings. Lunch only. You are seated wherever space becomes available. If you don't speak Italian, other diners usually help translate...
The ex-gfs family. Went once. Fantastic but obviously not cheap. Worth it for a special occasion.
cue jokes 5.16in (13.2cm)
Interesting adaptation of Georges Simenon work. Only 72' but very economical and interestingly directed and acted by Mathieu Amalric . Could see it getting Hollywood remake, with a happy ending.
This is mildly amusing, if one can understand scousers. Anyone with an interest Liverpool FCs 2005 European final come back against AC Milan in Istanbul might want to catch it. The acting in some parts is a bit ropey and the characters rather thin.
just caught American Sniper. I preferred American Psycho.
agreed. very nice. nice (and a bit sad) to see the terrific JG in a different role than that for which he's typically associated.
The Greece debt is forgiven for this little gem of weirdness."I won' let you lick me again"
uplifting 80s bitter-sweet comedy about working class Liverpudlian woman trying to get an education under dypso professor Michael Caine. Full of great one-liners