or Connect

Posts by Britalian

not quite, but very hot in July and August. typically mid- to high 30s. Low 40s can be common in big cities. I find Florence particularly hot, mainly due to its position and geography. I wear linens. Shorts with a nice cut and length, linen shirts, sockless slim loafers, well-styled unfussy vintagey 'low-cut trainers' classier than the superga/allstar sector. I personally find it too hot to wear even a suit jacket during the day time. maybe in the evening. Having said...
Nightcrawlers - entertaining, somewhat predictable Gone Girl - entertaining if full of holes
FINANCIAL TIMES January 30, 2015 4:36 pm Jeans therapy Carl WilkinsonAuthor alerts Skinny, studded, sea-washed or selvedge? For the average male, buying jeans can be a baffling experience. Carl Wilkinson goes in search of drama-free denim ©Kobal Collection A denim-clad Robert Redford as Halsy Knox in ‘Little Fauss and Big Halsy’ (1970) I blame Hedi Slimane. At the helm of Dior Homme in the mid-2000s, he changed the male shape overnight. Out went the ideal of the strapping...
I have some Blundstone boots which I've practically lived in for 3 months. Bought here in Italy so not cheap. Sister is going to Oz and am thinking about asking her to pick some up. Am wondering if the typical OZ web prices are similar to OZ shop prices? here for example, come in around AU$90 -100 for dress boots. Other models are less. Here various models start at AU$80 and go up to 138. Would I expect to pay more or less the same in shops in main cities? thanks
Two Days, one Night was excellent. Marion Cotilard should get best Oscar even if she won't. Imagine J Moore will for Still Alice, which was also excellent. Agree about Whiplash- excellent. Looking fwd to seeing Leviathan which has been highly praised.
I'm aware that over recent years NYC has become generally safer but which areas of Manhattan are most dangerous today and should be avoided, particularly at night, by even a street-wise tourist?
Artichoke tortelloni with porcini mushroom and black truffle sauce
Comfort food heaven - Gnocchetti with melanzane and pioppini mushrooms in tartufatta sauce . + Pata Negra Valdepenas 2007 Tempranillo
Karl gets bookish
Well Margaret was very interesting. Great central perfomance from Anna Paquin and all round. Nice tone, cinematography and direction. Probably one of the best movies this year so far. Not surprised it sank Stateside.