or Connect

Posts by Sanguis Mortuum

And what 'purpose' does a tie serve when worn with anything other than jeans?
Do you go running in jeans?
An unlined jacket will sometimes still have a small amount of canvas down the front, underneath the facing, and will often have a wider facing than a lined jacket to accommodate this.
I wouldn't recommend this if you ever want to actually put anything in your pockets without the mouths completely stretching out of shape.
What use is an elastic loop without a button-hole?
Yeah, size is fine but needs a dimple.
That's not his coat, he says his are double. Would need pics of his actual coat to see what he's actually describing.
It is possible to do it in a way that is invisible though, isn't it? If you don't pull it as tight then it doesn't make the obvious dips along the edge. And what about things like pocket-flaps? On most of my coats if you look at the rear-side of the flaps you can see there is prick-stitching around the edge, to stop it rolling, but that is not actually visible from the outside.
I stand corrected How do you keep the seam edge rolled to the inside without pick-stitching?
As far as I know, all non-fused coats have pick-stitching along the front edge, the only difference is whether it is done in a way that is visible or not. The pick-stitching is necessary to keep the edge from rolling and the seam slightly rolled to the inside so it's not visible. I won't get into my opinion on brocade vests, as I'm not sure everyone shares my hatred for them...