or Connect

Posts by 1wb

Quote: Originally Posted by brianoh I just ordered a black fleece suit online . . . I work at a conservative bank, and am not looking for the usual Thom Browne signature cuts. If I shouldn't go in-house, what tailors would you guys recommend to me? That suit is unlikely to work for you regardless of tailoring - BBBF lapel width, etc. does not = conservative workplace attire. Edit: oops, second. See above.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jack2000 You sure? Those really look like my snap last brown suede blucher. I called Alden to verify the last on these because it fits so well: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...tionsize=#null I would be curious to know... I have read in a number of threads that they were Aberdeen-lasted, but I would guess the shell ones and the suede ones are on the same last. FWIW, I have never looked at the BB photos of...
Quote: Originally Posted by forex Anyone knows what last these bluchers are on? http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...olor=Burgundy# Quote: Originally Posted by srivats Snap last - fits very similar to Hampton, i.e TTS. No - they are Aberdeen. My greatest Alden purchase regret to date -- although I had plenty of fair warning courtesy of SF, the toebox is as narrow as everyone says it is. The heel also runs...
$600.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 I've been in the store numerous times. I've dealt with Jim, who seems courteous but unwilling to give definitive sizing advice, and another gentlemen (who used to be a cobbler but I can't recall his name) who told me straight out that he had been told by his manager (Jim) not to give sizing advice (due to liability in the case of a bad fit). To give you some perspective, neither gentlemen checked the position of the...
Alden Shop SF has (or may even currently have) them.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday I understand the OP's concern. An unnatural crease is an unnatural crease, and with shell, a crease in the wrong place can spell pain down the road. In this case, I imagine the boots are still perfectly wearable, but I don't see how applying Topys should have resulted in this. It's not the same as honest wear, no more so than if they'd come back with a water stain on them. Sure, it might happen at some point, but it...
Quote: Originally Posted by forex I wonder if cordovan shoes are included in the sale. I highly doubt though. The fine print: Offer is only valid in U.S. Brooks Brothers Retail and Canadian stores today, Saturday, December 19, 2009. This offer is not valid online or in U.S. Factory stores. Offer applies to select merchandise only and does not apply to any Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers apparel, St. Jude gift items, Resort, cordovan shoes and...
Quote: Originally Posted by dport86 There's no free lunch. I've bought 3 pairs of seconds from Shoemart, and while I find them to offer very attentive and reponsive service, beware the much proclaimed observation that you can't tell the difference between seconds and firsts (or that they are all some minor cosmetic flaw). For e.g. I had a cracked shell shoe (which they did take back). This is a major flaw which happens when cordovan is stretched...
Quote: Originally Posted by 518aata I see no exclusion in the fine print for shell cordovan shoes. The fine print of the email I received said, as usual: "Not valid on purchases of men's Cordovan shoes or the Gift Card."