or Connect

Posts by 1wb

Thank you! I emailed to check status a couple of weeks ago but didn't hear back -- that might be why.
Is anyone on the list for the J. Gilbert #8 plaza straight tip boot? Is there a confirmed order yet for this fall?
Alden 40502HC Leather Soul Ultimate Indy 10D - Trubalance last, Brown CXL, commando sole - Brand New In Box - CONUS only Unlaced, unworn, not even tried on. I wish I had room to keep them, but I can't do it right now. I got on the waiting list for them in 11/13, and they just arrived last month. I am asking exactly what I paid: $575 (I will take the loss on the $35 shipping from LS and the shipping from here to buyer).
It's made in China or Thailand -- i.e., not an 1818 suit. BrooksCool suiting is "imported," and 80% of BB's sport coats are now "imported" as well.
BB mainline suits are made in the USA & Italy. There are frequent sales up to 25% off with use of a BB MasterCard, and you can stack an additional 10% off for your first purchase. Later in the fall there will also be a 30% off sale if you can obtain a corporate discount card.The suiting available through the "custom" feature on the website is made in Thailand or China -- thus the price difference. It is custom in the sense that you can select one of the fabrics they...
Agreed. And really, I wouldn't say actual Alden commando sole itself is "integrated" into the outsole -- the thin commando sole is the same as the one used by Moulded here, Alden just uses a crepe or some other rubber insert at the toe above the commando sole.
Shawnc - [[SPOILER]] This is a listing that belongs in the marketplace, not a PSA. It does not belong in this thread.
+1. There are really two guiding factors: (1) the house is going to sell for what someone is willing to pay. In that sense, it is "worth" whatever the offer is that the seller accepts. If you want the house, you will have to offer more than the other buyer does. If you are looking in a tight market, and the other buyer thinks it is worth asking price, then it is. (2) As an upper limit, however - if there is financing involved, the house will have to appraise out at...
Brooks Brothers Peal & Co. Color 8 Cordovan Straight Tip Boot w/ Dainite Sole 10.5D, Crockett & Jones 240 last, incl. box and bags (not pictured). Purchased in January 2012. These are marked 10.5D. I wear 10D in Alden Barrie last (near perfect fit), 10.5D Alden Plaza (slightly long fit), and 10.5D in Ralph Lauren Marlow by C&J (perfect to slightly snug). These Peal boots have always been just a bit too generous for my foot (maybe a .25 size) - the toe box on the 10D...
Respectfully, you might want to consider whether you really possess the experience and expertise in residential real estate to go it alone.First of all, any decent buyer's agent isn't going to hound you, he or she is going to help you find the right house and navigate the entire purchase process.Second, it doesn't cost you anything - you aren't paying the commission to your buyer's agent, the seller is. If you buy without an agent, the listing broker is going to be paid...