or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

Continuing on from Mimo's post... Actually there are many high-end brands that are good value, and to an extent they do market themselves this way in a covert or less covert manner. Vacheron tends to be better value than equivalent Pateks. Newer high-end brands like Parmigiani and Moser have even better case and movement finishing than Vacheron, and yet have lower prices. Also I would definitely not consider my watch for a "poor man", but rather a "discerning man". So...
Thanks Mimo for the very well-thought out response. You clearly spent a fair bit of time and effort on this, much appreciated. Apologies also for not replying sooner - this week has been very busy for me as the prototype arrived with me on Monday and there has been a flurry of publicity with various blogs and magazines, professional photography done by myself, testing of the watch, and deciding a few key elements on the watch.No problems with bright blue shoes! As I said...
Whoa thank you Mimo for writing such a detailed and well-explained post. The effort and time you spent on it is truly appreciated. I'm at dinner right now and will reply to your post and comments later on.
Here is the finished dial of the Rice Paper Cream Dial Edition of the CELADON Imperial. The dial colour takes its name from the esteemed Xuan paper of Jingxian County in Anhui Province, an area renowned for the finest rice paper in the world for more than two thousand years. More than one hundred laborious steps are required to produce Xuan paper in the proper manner. The quality of this paper is so exceptional that paintings and calligraphy drawn on Xuan paper from the...
No harm done Apropos, and thank you for your gracious apology. No need for sorries among friends. (I think we have a mutual friend in Gshen of Vanda btw)And no worries with confusing Sea-Gull and Beijing. It is quite common among those not intimately familiar with the Chinese Big 3 watchmakers. Beijing and Sea-Gull both produce mid- to high-end watches, but Beijing is much smaller production (10% of Sea-Gull) and more focussed on the high-end spectrum with its in-house...
double post.
Absolutely. Thank you Apropos and Newcomer for the responses, and let the tough criticisms flow (it is only thus that we can improve!).
Thank you RogerP.Will be posting up pictures of my Cream dial shortly.The completed prototype watch will also be posted up in the next few days. I am waiting for a bespoke strap from SF favourite Hughes Handcrafted, to properly show its beauty off!
Thank you Culverwood, I am merely an amateur watch designer but a relatively experienced watch collector, so I hope punters like and enjoy my designs. For me, a watch is like a pair of fine shoes. These are accessories first and foremost, and should constitute an understated component of a gentlemen's ensemble. A watch should not stand out in a thuggish manner; a huge, gaudy multi-coloured watch is like a pair of bright blue exotic shoes.Mind you I am hardly a shrinking...
Rangoon Navy Chalkstripe soon to be made up into a DB suit with scalloped-bellied lapel DB waistcoat. Waistcoat will be worn in autumn with the suit.