or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

An elegant silhouette...
Hi Newcomer, let me respond to your post.Why do you say that the rice-paper guilloche, the hand-blued logo, etc come across as fluff ? Do you know that the hand-bluing took several months of back and forth between the manufactory and I to perfect? The design of the logo itself took 9 months of elimination and contemplation. I would imagine that would count as substance. A hand-blued logo, the only such one in the world, cannot be impeached on either quality or novelty...
Hi R,Thanks for the heads-up! I just went to examine the prototype with a 10x loupe and can confirm that all the hour markers are perfectly positioned, so it seems it was an optical illusion.While examining the dial I was once again struck by the layered beauty of the guilloche, and the depth and clarity of the printed characters at bottom. It is a quality of printing I have seen only on Lange, Patek and Parmigiani, of all the brands I have examined.
And finally, we present the prototype of the Imperial, the first and flagship watch of Maison CELADON. The prototype shown bears the Rice Paper Cream dial with blued steel CELADON Crown and hands, and stock mid-brown calf strap. This photo was taken by the manufactory in Beijing before it was shipped over to us. We received the prototype on Monday 9 September, and can affirm that the watch looks even more impressive in the flesh. Thus far, the movement has been checked...
Thank you frills! Every word of encouragement means so much to a small brand, just starting out, in an industry dominated by conglomerates and behemoths who try to stamp out all competition.And thanks, we will be here whenever you choose to have one of our watches.On a separate note, I want to reply to a few of the older posts from a few days ago, but will post up my live prototype photo first. Can barely contain the excitement.
Continuing on from Mimo's post... Actually there are many high-end brands that are good value, and to an extent they do market themselves this way in a covert or less covert manner. Vacheron tends to be better value than equivalent Pateks. Newer high-end brands like Parmigiani and Moser have even better case and movement finishing than Vacheron, and yet have lower prices. Also I would definitely not consider my watch for a "poor man", but rather a "discerning man". So...
Thanks Mimo for the very well-thought out response. You clearly spent a fair bit of time and effort on this, much appreciated. Apologies also for not replying sooner - this week has been very busy for me as the prototype arrived with me on Monday and there has been a flurry of publicity with various blogs and magazines, professional photography done by myself, testing of the watch, and deciding a few key elements on the watch.No problems with bright blue shoes! As I said...
Whoa thank you Mimo for writing such a detailed and well-explained post. The effort and time you spent on it is truly appreciated. I'm at dinner right now and will reply to your post and comments later on.
Here is the finished dial of the Rice Paper Cream Dial Edition of the CELADON Imperial. The dial colour takes its name from the esteemed Xuan paper of Jingxian County in Anhui Province, an area renowned for the finest rice paper in the world for more than two thousand years. More than one hundred laborious steps are required to produce Xuan paper in the proper manner. The quality of this paper is so exceptional that paintings and calligraphy drawn on Xuan paper from the...
No harm done Apropos, and thank you for your gracious apology. No need for sorries among friends. (I think we have a mutual friend in Gshen of Vanda btw)And no worries with confusing Sea-Gull and Beijing. It is quite common among those not intimately familiar with the Chinese Big 3 watchmakers. Beijing and Sea-Gull both produce mid- to high-end watches, but Beijing is much smaller production (10% of Sea-Gull) and more focussed on the high-end spectrum with its in-house...