or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

Taking a supermodel out today... still my favourite VC from the fleet... 58 years and still the thinnest movement ever made.
As promised, some salacious watch pics from my HK trip... a pretty rare watch, in fact live photos were not even allowed at its unveiling at SIHH in Jan Wouldnt buy it though.. look at how ridiculously huge it is. Lange should have made it a pocket watch, especially given the 42500.
Totally agree Mimo... while there was probably 10 million sitting right there (according to the owner's estimation), none of them were to my liking. Even the Patek (some sort of crazy grande comp) was waay too thick. Owner's favourite watch is the one at upper row, second from left, some sort of Greubel Forsey prototype. Worth more than 2 mill apparently. Shots coming soon of the HM4 panda piece unique's funny looking arse. I thought it was kinda funny And it must be a...
Hi friends, Just got back from a hectic week of watch ogling and yumcha-ing at the Watches&Wonders event in Hong Kong. Have lots of delicious watch pics to post up soon - in the meantime I leave you with this shot from the Independents exhibition in Singapore the week before, and another of a friend's watch collection on show there... Now whether it rivals Madame Upton, that's a different story... p.s. anyone care to identify the watches in the box? Lots of prototypes...
I can understand the appeal of history and heritage for watches. But it is important to understand the true histories of the respective brands, and not be swayed by marketing. In the watch industry, brands frequently use heritage as an excuse to deliver less substance. All the great names are guilty of this.Think about new brands like Lange or Moser. They are both brands that have been brought back to life by businessmen and sustained by conglomerates, with little relation...
An elegant silhouette...
Hi Newcomer, let me respond to your post.Why do you say that the rice-paper guilloche, the hand-blued logo, etc come across as fluff ? Do you know that the hand-bluing took several months of back and forth between the manufactory and I to perfect? The design of the logo itself took 9 months of elimination and contemplation. I would imagine that would count as substance. A hand-blued logo, the only such one in the world, cannot be impeached on either quality or novelty...
Hi R,Thanks for the heads-up! I just went to examine the prototype with a 10x loupe and can confirm that all the hour markers are perfectly positioned, so it seems it was an optical illusion.While examining the dial I was once again struck by the layered beauty of the guilloche, and the depth and clarity of the printed characters at bottom. It is a quality of printing I have seen only on Lange, Patek and Parmigiani, of all the brands I have examined.
And finally, we present the prototype of the Imperial, the first and flagship watch of Maison CELADON. The prototype shown bears the Rice Paper Cream dial with blued steel CELADON Crown and hands, and stock mid-brown calf strap. This photo was taken by the manufactory in Beijing before it was shipped over to us. We received the prototype on Monday 9 September, and can affirm that the watch looks even more impressive in the flesh. Thus far, the movement has been checked...
Thank you frills! Every word of encouragement means so much to a small brand, just starting out, in an industry dominated by conglomerates and behemoths who try to stamp out all competition.And thanks, we will be here whenever you choose to have one of our watches.On a separate note, I want to reply to a few of the older posts from a few days ago, but will post up my live prototype photo first. Can barely contain the excitement.