or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

I tried the new smaller 1815 the other day and thought it was very nicely proportioned - a nice return to Lange's smaller sizes when they first launched. I think it and the VC's movement is a step up in finishing compared to the Calatrava, and also some of the VC small seconds special editions are pretty stylish while still remaining elegant (the slate grey dial, the Paris boutique special etc)The Saxonia Thin would have been a gorgeous watch, had it been just 2 or 3mm...
That Cartier Tank mimi and DlJr posted is a pretty watch, only thing is the ETA 2892 movement which makes the price a little unconscionable. Did you guys know that Cartier's watch department accounts for half the brand's revenue, and Cartier in turn accounts for half of Richemont's revenue? So Cartier's watches effectively contribute a quarter of Richemont's total revenue (which was around 10 billion CHF in 2012 before the slowdown if I recall)
Yeah absolutely. The movements are nice and the designs are original (but a little of an acquired taste for me), but somehow Nomos has done too good a job of being the go-to under 5k insider wis brand. I think they should have done a few watches around the JLC price and slowly move up (sort of what many of the Richemont brands are doing themselves). To overreach to that price range was a little tricky, but who knows, maybe they do have a hardcore market in Germany.Agree...
Thanks Don! I'm just participating here as a civilian I just started doing up my website literally yesterday so it's still in "Under Construction" mode - only 1/3 the pages are done. If anyone needs info, just PM me.Been insanely busy over the past year launching two watch brands, but I hope to participate more in TWAT now that I'm a little more free after a looong hiatus!
"DLJr, how is the NOMOS world time on the wrist? I have never tried it on, but it definitely appeals to me. Ben at Hodinkee always rocks it well." It's a good fit for most wrists (unless you're bigfoot ) and the case wears pretty thin. A friend of mine has one. Interesting true in-house complication, but a bit pricey for Nomos. Speaking of which, what do folks think of the top-end Nomos's, the ones that compete in price with ALS and VC? I personally thought that was a...
Big fan of the two Nomos's on DlJr's list, and especially like the shade of the blue Zurich. That Fred Constant is also great value for a nice moon phase, a worthy competitor to the JLC MUT imho.
Hey guys! Haven't posted here in ages with all the busyness with the various watch fairs in the last couple months and launching my CELADON brand and my upcoming Swiss hyper car watch , I see you've all been digesting the upcoming launches at Basel. There's going to be lots of cool new watches this year from all the major brands. Went to the Cleverley bespoke trunk show last week, and this is what I wore... )
Thanks buddy! I can't wait myself to see the happy faces of their new owners, and to see my watches worn in the wild (for some folks, literally).Thanks for your well wishes and kind words! It is my great honor to be a part of this community! The next few days and next week will be especially exciting as I expect the watches to reach me and the leather cases to be completed. The Red dial is looking very, very nice in the flesh. Perfect for Christmas and the New Year...
Just to update the 15 or so guys here who've ordered my watch , I have excellent news! The Manufactory confirmed this morning that all 100 pieces of the Imperial First Series have been fully completed, and are now undergoing testing and inspection before delivery to me. Looks like the Imperials will be in time for the TWAT NYC meeting on the 19th Can' wait! The prototype Celadon Leather Watch Case was completed yesterday and looks very, very impressive in the flesh. It...
Thanks guys! If you read my brief on the box (http://maisonceladon.tumblr.com/post/57649759566/in-honour-of-the-inauguration-of-the-celadon), it's almost as if you both read my mind! Save space at home, perfect for travel, beautiful etc.