or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

Played with this and I think it looks and feels pretty cheap. Using the same movement as the RO is a little strange to me in an elegant dress watch. There are much more attractive ultrathins out there from VC (and JLC at the lower-end) than this Piguet.
Dino, how robust do you find the RO 15202? Do you wear it for gentle sports, or to the pool perhaps? Its 50m WR has always bugged me. In that regard, the VC Overseas is a much more suitable sporting watch.Totally agree on IWC - what's up with them and their enormous sizes? Seems a little cheap to have an entire line-up of gigantic, thick designs. Their vintage cal 89 watches were certainly their zenith in terms of design.
Can totally recommend Hughes. He's done about 10 straps and several leather goods large and small for me to date. I think he is the best leather artisan in Singapore and world-class.
Very nice watches! Take care of the silver one as it has the potential to tarnish. Longines was a highly-respected name before the 70s, so you can be assured that yours is of high quality. Enjoy!
Ah right. You didnt miss out anyway - the Santoni straps dont look anything impressive to me.For Gladstones, SAB has them rtw. You could commission any of the typical London makers to do them too. I have been wanting one for years but they really are more objet d'art than practical luggage. They dont fit much, weigh a tonne, and cant be slung on the shoulder. Even when you're just doing a road trip in a swanky cabriolet, a soft duffel is much better.
Very nice and certainly a respectable choice. Congrats!Is that the Santoni edition?That's a beautiful Gladstone in your avatar btw!
To the 50 or so guys who sent me a message about the cloth order discount, just wanted to quickly mention that I'm off overseas till the 12th of Dec, and will reply to all messages then. One of the mills has gotten back to me about availability and everything that you guys have asked for is in stock; still waiting for the other mill to get back to me.Cheers,B
Usually the provenance and other details of the diamond are engraved onto its girdle. It likely would not state its brand however, but rather the more important details used for grading. Above all, the GIA or HRD cert is crucial to its value. You can also get an aftermarket cert from a certified diamond grader.
Apart from those you mentioned, cut matters as well. eg brilliant or some rare cuts.Rare colours such as natural pink from the Argyle mine will push the price up further.