or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

Good news and bad news regarding the Racing Green Fresco with rust brown overcheck. My cloth guy checked my store and it turns out it is actually a Rangoon, which makes this cloth even more special and wearable in the summer. Those who were interested, please PM to confirm your interest. Have 30m. Navy glenplaid Rangoon is also available. Same 5m.
Looking at my swatch book, it is.
Yep.
Hi sorry for the delay. I am waiting for some incoming information in order to answer your questions fully.Will reply to your PM tomorrow HK time.
Yes and no, the traditional material for high-grade watches in the vintage era prior to the 70s was solid silver, for less expensive watches it was brass. I notice that now most watches from the big 3 use brass dials and call them "silvered". You are right that enamelled dials are done on gold, but I've never heard of copper.Parmigiani used to use only gold dials exclusively, but I've noticed that even they have dropped this of late.My mistake, I meant painted and not...
The Parmigiani Tonda uses lumed hands, as do most of the brand's watches. Such watches will look pretty bad in a few years when the lume discolours. Fine on a sporty watch but not on a dress piece. Lets them save on gold for the hands as well. Speaking of material cost cutting, it continually surprises me how many "high-end" brands skimp on using a solid silver base for their dials, and 18k gold for their batons and hands. Only Lange among the big brands uses a sterling...
Still have some meterage remaining.
Also, any interest for a custom run burnt orange WBill linen? Either solid or patterned (glenplaid, windowpane, houndstooth etc).
Comes in 16 oz and 20 plus oz varieties. I wear the 20 plus with no problems in weather under 15 degrees.
W.Bill has some very nice bold tweeds. Cashmeres as well.Or Hardy Alsport? (the real deal tweed one, not worsted)