or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

Mimo, thank you very, very much for your kind words. I can't tell you how encouraging it is to read stuff like that from fellow watch aficionados!I think a very dark blue like what you envisioned is a great idea. A lighter shade blue is fairly common among watches and to me, looks common and boring. A midnight blue on the other hand is something very unique. Could almost be worn with black tie if you wear a midnight blue DB shawl tuxedo!Please be as brutally honest as you...
One of the chief sources of inspiration for my Premier - the Wuyi from 1958, China's first serially-produced watch. This watch inspired me to recreate its spectacular guilloché textured plum blossom dial. Still keeps chronometric time after 55 years of faithful service. CELADON honours our ancestors!
On a related note, I'd like to ask all of you on preferences on watch dials. I have the opportunity to produce 3 dial colours for my first run of 200 pieces. The colours I have settled on tentatively are cream, midnight blue and imperial red. The latter two are very rarely seen on fine watches. Racing green is another possibility that merits consideration. Here are some examples. Notice on the midnight blue dial, the difference between the dial colour and the...
Thank you apropos! It is not easy starting a watch brand from scratch, but it is an ardent passion of mine and one that I will see through regardless of the time and effort required.Every single word of encouragement means a great deal. And if any of you have any feedback, please let me know.After all, how often do you get to directly speak to a watch brand's owner, founder, or designer? And witness horological history in the making?Imagine 30 years from now...
Oh you mean enamelling on the case, I was referring to enamelling on the dial, the vitreous sort as you mention. Not sure if the two are the same, but they do seem like related processes.Vitreous enamelling required firing 20-30 times in an 800 degree C kiln. At every stage of firing the dial can be ruined by pure chance, and the enameller has to start from scratch. The high cost of enamel dials accounts for this wastage, as well as the skill and experience needed. In the...
Thanks!And that was Wempe Vienna btw. Is the NYC one similar? You have a sharp eye.Another part of the store display, this time with VC.
Thank you! You most definitely will.
The problem with Patek isnt the availability of servicing, it is the cost of servicing. It starts at 4 figures and can easily go into the high 5 digits especially for vintage complications. Same with Vacheron. In theory yes they can handmake a part from scratch, but will the cost be ludicrous?If they dont wish to service a watch they will simply quote an astronomical figure. And you cannot take the watch elsewhere for servicing. Even if you did go to the source, you would...
Oh I have no doubt there is some cloak and daggers involved. Someone really should do a carbon dating or DNA test on the skins to test their real age. Would be great for a documentary.
Thank you Dino! I chose tan because of how it harmonises with the aged lume of the hands.Pics of the animal whence it came