or Connect

Posts by ~ B ~

And one of my favourites, a vintage Vacheron ultra-thin from 1962. I bought it from the original owner's son who told me how his dad wore it all his life everyday for 50 years. To add to that, the original owner shares the same first name as me. Came with its original box, gold buckle and hang tag. I compared it to the modern re-issue Historiques 1955, and the vintage original is clearly built better on several levels. Dont we all pine for the pre-conglomerate V&C...
Another shot of the Reverso 1931, this time with a proper camera...
Dear DLJr,Thank you for your PMs and your interest, I think that the midnight blue resonates especially well within the sartorial community. It is unique and very subtle and elegant and can be very versatile as a dark shade, but not as sobre as black.Will reply to your PMs in detail soon.
Dear Mimo,Thank you for your kind words yet again and for your faith in my passion and my endeavour. My watches are a passion project of mine and therefore one with which I regard with great personal pride. I hold and will always hold my watches to the highest possible standard that is attainable.I believe in this so much that I am doing something unprecedented and offering a discretionary lifetime warranty, meaning that I will guarantee my watches for life, in all...
I'm not really trying to talk you out of purchasing a Nomos, just offering viewpoints for and against. Their power reserve models have an extra in-house module added on, which you pay more for. So as to whether they are overpriced, that depends on how important the value-add is to you. I agree, I think many watch brands state that their dressy watches are 3atm, and to me that is a cop-out. It is a statement as to the quality of the case engineering and manufacture when...
The charm lies in knowing that your shoes are made from the hides of reindeer that lived when Russia still had a Tsar, with all the extravagance that entailed. I have some teapots that came from a sunken Chinese transport ship 600 years ago and that were excavated from the sunken ship. Same appeal.
Mimo, thank you very, very much for your kind words. I can't tell you how encouraging it is to read stuff like that from fellow watch aficionados!I think a very dark blue like what you envisioned is a great idea. A lighter shade blue is fairly common among watches and to me, looks common and boring. A midnight blue on the other hand is something very unique. Could almost be worn with black tie if you wear a midnight blue DB shawl tuxedo!Please be as brutally honest as you...
One of the chief sources of inspiration for my Premier - the Wuyi from 1958, China's first serially-produced watch. This watch inspired me to recreate its spectacular guilloché textured plum blossom dial. Still keeps chronometric time after 55 years of faithful service. CELADON honours our ancestors!
On a related note, I'd like to ask all of you on preferences on watch dials. I have the opportunity to produce 3 dial colours for my first run of 200 pieces. The colours I have settled on tentatively are cream, midnight blue and imperial red. The latter two are very rarely seen on fine watches. Racing green is another possibility that merits consideration. Here are some examples. Notice on the midnight blue dial, the difference between the dial colour and the...
Thank you apropos! It is not easy starting a watch brand from scratch, but it is an ardent passion of mine and one that I will see through regardless of the time and effort required.Every single word of encouragement means a great deal. And if any of you have any feedback, please let me know.After all, how often do you get to directly speak to a watch brand's owner, founder, or designer? And witness horological history in the making?Imagine 30 years from now...